37

2606, Jisung sighed, looking at the opened door. Again, for the umpteenth time, he broke into Haechan's house just to see any hint if he's back.

He was nowhere to be found after the incident and it has been almost a week.

The ambulance's siren was very loud and Jisung was crying, holding your hand to give you some energy. He saw your eyes were half-lidded and your breaths were shaky even though you wore the oxygen mask.

The paramedics were working hard to stop your bleeding and luckily, the journey to the hospital wasn't that long.

They were fast to push you into the surgery room. Jisung leaned against the wall, tears were still cascading on his cheeks.

He panted, his vision was blurry due to the tears as he stared at the automatic door.

The police had helped Jisung to register your information and when he asked about Haechan's whereabouts, the police said that Haechan will be waiting at home.

He didn't understand why but when a group of teenagers rushed into the hospital he knew, Haechan probably had run away.

"Oh god! Jisung, are you okay?" Jaemin freaked out when he saw the blood on his shirt, but it was actually yours. "How did this happen?" Mark's eyes were shaky as he looked at Jisung, but Jeno was fast to hug the little boy when he saw Jisung was on the verge of crying again

"No, it's okay. We'll talk about this later,"

It had been almost 2 hours since they were sitting outside and Jaemin had been trying to feed Jisung some sandwich.

"How did you guys know Noona is here?"

"Haechan called us, speaking of which, where is that boy?" Jaemin asked, looking around.

Renjun threw his head back, frustrated. "He didn't even pick up his calls!"

"Did - did Haechan get hurt?" Mark asked, which Jisung nodded. "That scary hyung punched Haechan hyung many times," Jisung said in a small voice, he felt guilty.

This wouldn't have happened if he didn't try to sneak out from Haechan's house. Jaemin patted the boy's back, comforting him.

A doctor came out from the surgery room, "Is there any guardian of Park Yoo Jin?"

"I - I am her brother," Jisung pushed Jaemin's sandwich and stood up, eager to know your condition.

"The gunshot was deep and she lost a lot of blood due to the sleeping pills she took but luckily, we managed to save her. We also took out the bullet in her. She's okay now, you can visit her when we transfer her into the ward," The doctor smiled.

Relief sighs could be heard from them and Jisung started crying in Jeno's arms. "She's okay now, she's okay," the boy cried.

Jisung checked one by one in the room and to his disappointment, Haechan wasn't there. "Hyung, please come back,"

Entering your ward, he noticed you weren't conscious yet, making Jisung worried as to why you are not awake yet but he tried his best to understand that you needed some rest after saving his stupid ass.

He held your hand, looking at your face, his other hand tracing your face. He wished you would wake up soon, he wanted to see the smile on your face.

"Jisung-ah!" The noise came from the door, it was them again. Jaemin was nice to bring food every time he came. Jaemin knew that Jisung would forget to eat while busy taking care of you and trying to look for Haechan.

All of them did, but no one can contact him.

They prayed that Haechan is just somewhere, alive and healthy.

After a few days, you struggled to open your eyes and when you did, you saw Jisung's shocked face and the other boys came rushing to your bed. "Noona!" You heard the boy screamed out of joy, immediately Mark stormed outside to call the doctors.

They took care of you until you were allowed to be dismissed from the hospital, it was weird for they never mentioned Haechan but your throat was too sore for you to ask at that moment. Jisung brought you to Haechan's home and you expected that Haechan was inside, maybe preparing a surprise party for you, just to be disappointed at the empty house.

"Do you want some water?" Jisung helped you to the couch since you were not able to walk properly yet due to the pain in your stomach.

You nodded and Jisung quickly grabbed you a glass of warm water. Looking around, you sipped the drink and turned to Jisung who was still looking at you.

"Hae-Haechan?" Your voice was hoarse but the curiosity in you was big.

Jisung rubbed his nape, "Do you want to go and lie do-" You held Jisung's wrist, knowing he wanted to change the topic but Jisung had read your face.

You demanded an answer.

"We haven't seen him after the incident," Jisung said, he saw how your face turned worried and sad at the same time. "Noona, I'm really sorry. If only I wasn't being stupid and stayed at home, this wouldn't have happened and-"

Jisung stopped the moment you embrace him in your arms, stroking his back softly. Jisung silently cries in your arms.

"I'm just- sorry" He cried. You didn't blame him at all, you knew he wanted to see you faster but life wasn't that easy and the timing wasn't right.

Jisung was not even aware of Taeyong and Jaehyun's bad side. The boy pulled back to look at your face as he wiped his tears away.

"I'll find Haechan hyung, I'll make sure he comes back," Jisung said, which made you smile as you stroked the side of his face with your palm.

You know Jisung was trying to be responsible for this and nothing good will come if you forbid him, so you nodded.

You know exactly why Haechan acted like this.

He blamed himself on your injuries and he was afraid.

'It's time for us to tell him, it's okay and he can come back '

edited.