20

Coming at home after having fun at the hideout, Haechan was still laughing at how Jeno's unusual joke got him

Coming at home after having fun at the hideout, Haechan was still laughing at how Jeno's unusual joke got him. You giggled, entertained by his laughter as he sucked in a deep breath to calm himself.

"Lee Donghyuck," Both of you froze as if the time had stopped. Haechan looked at you then to the living room, where he could see, his parents sitting on the couch.

You bowed to them instantly and judging by their look, they were shocked to see you in their son's apartment. You noticed Haechan rolled his eyes and his expression changed to gloomy.

His dad stood up, walking towards you, almost immediately Haechan blocked his way, standing right in front of you, protecting you. His father's eyebrows knitted, anger could be seen clearly. "You bring a girl to the apartment?"

"So what?" Haechan replied.

"Can't you behave properly? You've been enjoying your life too much." He retreated, snatching a paper from his wife, tossing it to Haechan. "What is this piece of shit? Your grades keep on falling and this is what you do?!" An index finger pointed at you harshly.

"Hide in my room," Haechan whispered but you hesitated to do it, making Haechan had no choice but to push you. "NOW!" he yelled.

You scurried off to his room and locked the door, leaning close to the door to listen.

But all you heard was Haechan's groaning and painful grunting. Your heart escalated, you were tempted to help him but you didn't want his father to blow off more.

Soon, you heard the door to the apartment opened and closed. You slowly creeped out from Haechan's room and saw him crouching on the floor, wiping his blood off from his mouth.

"Haechan, I'm-" He shushed you, knowing what you were going to say. "You are here because of me. Don't say sorry."

You helped Haechan to get on his feet, slowly walking to the sofa. You grabbed the emergency kit under the coffee table. "Do you want me to help with it?" Haechan shook his head and took the kit with him to his room, leaving you alone.

Right after that, you received a call from Jisung.

"Noona, can I sleep at Chenle's? Their family will have hot pot later, please?"

You sighed, "Are you sure they are happy having you there?"

"What do you mean? Of course! They are happy to have me being a good friend to Chenle. Please, noona?"

You scratched your eyebrow, "Yeah, sure."

And right then you could hear an almost dolphin-like scream. "Be a good boy!" You reminded him before ending the call.

You stood under the shower, the warm water ran down your body and usually it  helped you to calm down but you couldn't stop thinking about Haechan.

You should have treated his wounds like he did the other day. You exhaled, tracing your fingers on the scars on your body. You should have protected him from his father like he did when Jaehyun was coming towards you earlier today.

But you didn't.

You immediately turn off the shower and dry yourself, picking comfortable pajamas, a white t-shirt, and loose black shorts. You walked into the kitchen to make some tea for Haechan and green tea for yourself.

With the cups in your hand, you knocked on the door with your feet lightly. It took a while for Haechan to turn the doorknob and saw you. You gasped seeing his red and swollen eyes and you know he must be crying for some while.

"Do you want some tea?" You raised the cup a little higher.

Haechan put on a small smile, opening the door wider for you to come in and you placed the tea on his bedside table. Haechan sat on his bed and you did the same, handing him his tea which he sips later, "Thanks" he uttered.

You placed your hand on his lap which you didn't know got him alert. "It must have been tough for you," You said.

"What? Being handsome even though his face is ruined?" Haechan joked but you rolled your eyes, unamused.

How could he even joke at this moment?

"No. I mean your-"

"I know I know. Geez, I was joking,"

"Yeah sure, you and your confidence," You rolled your eyes again while Haechan put his cup down, sitting properly so that he would face you. He stared at your face, studying one by one of your features under the dim light.

You must admit that his stares were so loving as if he's trying to tell you that he adores you and would like to keep you for himself, that he also needed you, but you refused to believe what you were thinking.

"Haechan, stop staring. I'm here to lend a shoulder if you are going to cry" You stood from his bed, walking towards the door. "And if you don't need it, I'll just go to sleep."

He panicked, quickly jumping off his bed to close the door and locked it. "Of course! Of course, I need your comfort." He pulled you back to his bed, sitting much more closer.

"C-can I have a hug? I mean if you-" You lurched yourself on him, stopping him from saying nonsense. He steadied himself by placing one hand behind him and another behind your back.

He couldn't believe you would obey, but it's not like he'll complain either. You sat on Haechan's lap comfortably and your legs hand to his sides lazily. He rocked both of his and your bodies side to side, enjoying every single moment he could. He rested his head on your shoulder.

"Haechan," He hummed in response. "You know I'll always be here for you right?"

His heart fluttered how sincere you sounded. "Yeah, I know,"

"Great, you can tell me anything, so it could get it out of your head," You stroke his soft hair. Honestly, he didn't feel sad anymore, he was insane by how you acted.

You were running in his mind. He had long forgotten about the commotion earlier. Your scent, your warmth, and how you trapped him with your legs suffocated him, in a good way.

Haechan leaned his weight more on you, making you lean backward and landed softly on the bed. You weren't surprised, but instead, you were hoping this would happen.

Haechan hovered above you, his arms were by your sides to support his weight. His legs trapping you under his body as his breath hot against your skin since both of you are so close.

You noticed his orbs were staring deep into yours once again as if he was on a spell. Your lips quirked up into a smirk as you caressed his hair, "Yoojin, what are you doing to me?"

You chuckled, "And you said you are not in love with me, liar."

He shifted his gaze onto your lips, tempted by your kissable lips. His thumb made its way under your lips, slowly tracing it. He looked back at your eyes which never left his.

You were seeing miracles as his eyes flickered into excitement and lust. You nodded, permitting him to kiss you.

He inched closer, capturing your lips, nibbling on it. You clenched tight on his shirt, one of it caressing his back which gave him goosebumps. It made its way to his neck, pushing him further into your face.

"You knew I like you, why wouldn't you tell me earlier?" Haechan breathed.

"Because I wasn't feeling the same,"

His head flickered, wasn't, a past tense. So what now? He rested his head on yours, both panting heavily. "Now?"

"I feel the same way, I like you too"

edited.