final

It had been a few months, a few months without hearing anything from Haechan and everything went back to normal. All of you went back to school and not to mention, graduation was just around the corner.

Time flies without you noticing, you've been trying to distract yourself from thinking about Haechan by busying yourself to a part-time job, preparing to apply to universities and looking up to your goals.

You woke up when Jisung had made toast for you in the morning because he knew you were tired from all the work.

You changed the channel to news as you settled down on the chair, waiting for Jisung to pour your milk.

"The suspects of kidnapping and attempt murder for the case a few months ago were caught while they were hanging around the park, they will be held to the court soon and mov-"

You sighed, you looked at Jisung's tired eyes as he smiled. "We did it," he said, which you nodded happily.

Taeyong and his team were finally caught thanks to Jisung's constant visit to the police and with the help of Detective Han. Jisung said he won't let Taeyong live after what he did to your life so he was very determined to help the police.

You put a hand over Jisung's, "Thank you, Jisung. You are all grown up now." He turned his palm so he could grab onto yours. "That is what I promised, you will always be my number one priority."

You almost burst out your tears looking at how Jisung had changed into a man these few months. Did I raise him well? You looked at him, a smile carved on your lips.

-

You went to work as usual on Saturday at a cafe nearby, thanks to the generous owner who was willing to give you extra pay when she heard about your life.

She was generous enough to let you bring back the leftover cake that you think you owed her too much already.

There were so many customers and mostly the students to hang around or do their assignments given that the cafe was near the university and high school.

You glanced at the wall clock, signaling another 10 minutes before the cafe closed.

"Yoojin, you can take the red velvet cake over there and eat it with your brother," Mrs. Choi said, pointing to the cake on the counter and you thanked her. She was almost becoming your mother, listening to your rant about school and life.

She made you feel at ease, knowing there's so much more good people out there in the world.

After cleaning up the cafe and waiting for Mrs. Choi to lock the door, you parted ways with her as she went to the parking lot. Plugging in your earphone, you always took this opportunity to walk home, both you and Jisung were still staying at Haechan's, in case he came back anytime.

As you were bobbing your head to the music, you stared at the sky. There are so many stars up there, it's nice. You closed your eyes, breathing in the oxygen.

But of course, you need to walk with your eyes open. You bumped into someone, making you stumble your steps but before you could wait for the impact, you felt a strong grip around your waist, catching you before you fell.

"Sorry," You muttered as you stood on your own feet, but your eyes widened at the familiar face and so did he. Before any other word left your mouth, he had engulfed you in a tight hug.

"Y- Yoojin, you are alive," Haechan whispered. Your arms lay limp beside you, not able to process what he just said. He didn't know I survived?

"Thank god, seriously" He slowly stroked your hair, as you rested your forehead against his shoulder. Your arms circled his waist, pulling him closer and inhaled his scent. He still smells the same.

Haechan pulled away, hands cupping your cheeks. "This is really Park Yoojin," he chuckled, squeezing your cheeks, almost making the squirrel in you jump out.

You slowly took his hands in yours, intertwining it. "Where have you been that you didn't know I'm alive?" You frowned.

"It will be a long story, but what about we'll grab some ice cream and sit at the park?" Haechan chuckled.

-

"So, you are telling me you went to Japan to learn business so you can take over the company?" You raised a brow. Haechan licked his ice cream as he kicked the ground, pushing his weight on the swing, "Yeah,"

"We haven't graduated high school,"

"That was why I never was serious about high school, I know what my father is capable of,"

"Show off," you groaned which Haechan just chuckled, "So, how have you been living?" He asked. He turned when he heard you sigh and you turned to him.

"I've been staying at your home in case you'll come back."

He was sure his heart skipped a bit when he heard you. It was rare for you to pour your heart. You saw him flustered, "Did- did you wait for me?" Haechan blinked.

You smiled, "Everyone is waiting, Haechan. You ran away without telling any of us. How could we not worry," You bit the last cone and stood up.

"Let's go tell everyone, you are back," You turned your heels, walking home. Haechan quickly finished his ice cream before catching up with you.

Before you could exit the park, you felt a pair of arms engulfing you from the back, "Did you miss me?" Haechan whispered, his head nuzzled in your neck. You grabbed his hands that were on your stomach and turned to face him.

"Of course, I do. I'm glad you are back," You smiled.

He pecked your lips, pulling back immediately as he leaned his forehead against yours.

"Thank you for being alive, Park Yoojin"

edited. yes. finally.