32

It was an oddly quiet day. Every student in your grade was focusing on studying during the last minute as the exam was just a few hours away but Haechan spent his time differently.

He had been running around the school compound to look for you.

He went to the library, café, and even Jisung's class but was only disappointed by the fact that Jisung was also absent.

He had sensed something was wrong when his calls went to your voicemail last night and his texts were left without being seen.

Haechan dragged his feet to the rooftop, his palm clenched around his phone tightly. Leaning his body against the railing, his eyes lit up when a notification ringed in but soon rolled his eyes when he realized it was Jaemin.

'Skipping on the first day of the exam?'

He sighed, pocketing his phone in his trousers and looked up at the sky. He prayed that wherever you are and whatever decisions you make, it should be a good one.

More days had passed but not even one thing he heard from you. The others started to feel anxious too, but the exam was getting in their way to find you.

Haechan on the other side, who already had put aside the exam from the beginning, was running to your house at 3 am.

He couldn't get any proper sleep without knowing your whereabouts. He got enough of staring at your empty chair and listening to the teachers mentioning your name during attendance.

His heart pondered against his chest, he was about to cry. What if you aren't there. Then what will he do?

Truth hurts when Haechan was face to face with Ah Rin with a deadpan look, "She left a few days ago. Don't bother searching for her. She might be hiding from all the troubles," Ah Rin closed the door with a loud bang, not forgetting to roll her eyes.

Haechan felt suffocated, frustrated, and disappointed. He forced his legs to drag his ass away from there. The fact that you just disappeared without telling him, frustrated him.

Did you not trust him enough to tell all the problems you were dealing with? Have you ever thought of him when you decided to disappear? Did you give any hint to leave?

More importantly, are you safe?

He stopped on his track when he noticed a car pulled over and Taeyong came out from the car with Jaehyun.

Suddenly, a ridiculous thought crossed his mind and he was furious. He marched to the one who he loathed so much in his life, Taeyong, his jaw tightened and fist bailed. "Where is she?" Haechan burst.

The older chuckled humorlessly before glaring at him "What the hell are you talking about?" Taeyong scoffed but instantly pretended to be shocked, covering his mouth

"Oh, right. I heard about it. Your girl ran away?" Taeyong smirked but his face was fast to change into a cold one. "And you thought I took her."

His eyes were cold staring into his younger step brother and Haechan was pretty annoyed by it, but he didn't have any energy left to fight after running around.

Turning his heels, he walked off the residence, heading back to his home.

He crashed onto his bed, head buried in the pillow as his hands punched into his mattress harshly.

He muffled his scream in his pillow. Tears fall uncontrollably, he felt guilty for not being able to read your situation or even help you with what you are dealing with. He thought he was selfish to only protect you but never once ask about your situation.

"Fuck, I miss you Park Yoojin" He cried.

During the night you disappeared

Two pairs of feet slowly walked in a dark alley where there is an old motel, not many people know about it which you don't even know how they operated with almost no customers.

You discovered this motel when you were on an errand for your dad.

Jisung had followed you quietly, even though he's clueless, he's not one to bother you with questions when he knows you were miserable. He was sure you would tell when you are ready.

Both wearing a black mask and holding a bag of clothes each, walked in the motel carefully, not to be seen by anyone.

The receptionist seemed bored as she stared into nothingness when you entered. "One room, I will pay for every night I'll stay here, please." You said, attracting the girl's attention.

She nodded lazily as she took a key from the drawer. Jisung looked around, the interior of this motel isn't as bad as he thought it would be, at least.

Arriving in front of the door, once again you scanned around carefully to make sure no one has their attention on both of you before entering the room.

Jisung closed the door behind him, dropping his bag on the floor and massaged his sore shoulders while you were busy looking out the windows, still anxious about this.

Once you were sure no one followed you, you pulled the curtains shut.

Jisung had generously cooked ramen for both of you while you were in the shower. "I managed to take some from the kitchen," Jisung proudly stated, making you smile. You didn't even think about smuggling some food from the kitchen.

Both of you sat on the floor, slurping the instant noodle.

"Jisung," He turned to you when you called him softly, his eyebrows raised.

"I'm sorry that all we did was run away from the beginning. I'm still not able to give you a stable life." You sighed, stirring your ramen absentmindedly. The boy placed his cup down.

"It's okay, anywhere as long as I'm with you, I'm okay. I don't think I can live to be apart from you." He reassured you with a small smile before continuing. "I promised I will protect you when I'm big enough right? I think this is the time!"

You let out an empty chuckle.

"Protect yourself first, dummy" You ruffled his hair to which he pouted. He picked up his cup and finished it quickly to go to bed as you stared at him with tired eyes.

'You might have to live alone after this'

edited.