15

During classes, you couldn't sleep as you usually did

During classes, you couldn't sleep as you usually did. Your legs bounced vigorously, Ah Rin's words played in your mind like a broken record. Is your mother even real? Is she alive?

Your behavior caught Renjun's attention, he tapped on your desk, "What's wrong?"

You shrugged, standing up to leave the classroom without permission. You need to take your mind off overthinking, the flashbacks of Jisung's crying when your mother decided to leave keep on playing in your mind.

"Jisung must not know about this" You exhaled.

"Know about what?" You jolted at hearing the deep voice, Jisung raised a brow. You frown at him, "What are you doing here?"

"I got so sleepy in Science so I decided to take a toilet break," Jisung explained, pointing at you, "What about you, noona?" He crossed his arms, "What must I not know, and what happened at the cafeteria during the break?"

You smiled at his curiosity and reached for his neck, putting him in a headlock, strangling him, "You have too many questions, big baby. Go back to class,"

He whined, hitting your arm, begging you to release him. Soon after, you released him and hit his butt lightly, "Go back to class," You lightly chuckled.

Jisung snickered before walking away, "I'll ask Haechan Hyung later on,"

Scoffing, you shook your head. Like he would know what I was talking about.

The bell rang as you saw many students rush for the next class. You took a look at your phone for any messages, and there was one from Haechan.

"Get your ass back to class before I find you,"

You rolled your eyes while replying "Not your concern" to him.

You walked slowly to the class, hands pocketed in your skirt pocket, taking your sweet time only halted when you heard noises and screaming from behind the emergency door. Your eyebrow lifted, head tilting to the side.

Deciding to ignore it, you turned your head back to the class and entered the class. As usual, you leaned your head on the desk, trying to sleep again.

After your part-time job, you checked your phone for another message from Haechan. "Jisung isn't home".

You sighed, it might be the time of the month where Jisung tried to be a rebel. A grown teen he said he was.

You locked the door to the convenience store, the hair on the back of your neck stood tall when you heard a crying noise. Turning to the voice, you saw Jisung curling up in a ball, probably waiting for you to finish your shift.

You walked to him and sat next to him, caressing his hair softly. "What's wrong?"

You were shocked when Jisung attacked you with a hug. His sobbing getting louder, "Noona... I-I saw mummy, sh-she's with another man," Your heart burns in rage, pushing Jisung off you as you stand up.

"STOP ASSUMING! ARE YOU CRYING OVER A WOMAN WHO LEFT YOU?"

Jisung got scared by your sudden burst, he slowly stood up too, hands clasped behind him. "ARE YOU REALLY THE BOY WHO WANTS TO PROTECT ME? WHY THE HELL YOU ARE CRYING?" You raised your voice. Jisung slowly looked up at you, tears pooling in his eyes. "Noona..."

Then only you noticed the bruises on his face. The purple spot near his lips and his now dried bloodied lips. Your eyes widened, you grabbed his shoulders, pulling him close to inspect his injury.

"What happened? Who did this to you?" Your voice softened and worry washed over you.

"Some boys my age beat me up, saying our mother stole their father. There was a girl too, that girl who attacked you at the cafe. I tried to fight back but there were three of them," He explained in a tiny voice.

Your mouth hung open. You pulled Jisung into your embrace, despite him being taller than you. "Good boy, really good boy." You sighed, stroking his hair. Jisung hugged you back, crying silently on your shoulder.

Haechan helped Jisung to treat the wound as you held Jisung's hand, rubbing circles on his knuckles to soothe him. "It's your first time getting beaten up, right?" Haechan guessed, dabbing the ointment on Jisung's lips. The younger nodded, hissing at the pain.

Your heart clenched watching Jisung's ruined face. "I'll get my revenge tomorrow," You whispered to yourself.

edited.