19

You decided to calm yourself in the park before entering Haechan's home

You decided to calm yourself in the park before entering Haechan's home. Jisung didn't want to let you out alone this late so he ended up sleeping on your lap, not wanting to go back without you. Your phone buzzed a text from Haechan.

you okay?

A small gasp escaped your lips, seeing Haechan standing 5 meters from you. The dimly lit lamp post illuminated his serene look. He was in his favorite hoodie, looking so comfortable.

Both of you locked your gaze on each other, none are willing to look away. You choked on your tears, chest feeling suffocated when he flashed a comforting smile, knowing you had a bad day.

He noticed your body tensed as it started to shake and with a blink, a tear cascaded your cheek.

He walked closer, his hands in his hoodie. Haechan sat next to you, and immediately his body heat warmed you. He guided your head to softly land on his shoulder, kindly offering you comfort while the younger boy was asleep.

You tried to stifle your sobs, not wanting to wake Jisung up but Haechan's warm hands cupping on your cold ones make it hard for you to stop. He drew circles on the back of your hand with his thumb to calm you down as he hummed.

And you felt at home.

Haechan helped you to piggyback Jisung back home while you walked next to him. He knew something was wrong but he wanted you to open up by yourself. For him now, the most important thing was to get you to calm down.

Haechan was cooking ramen for you as you stared blankly at the wall. He sighed, serving you the instant noodle. "Did something happen? Why are you so down? Isn't dinner fun?"

You sighed, picking up your chopsticks, "Thanks for the food!" You gobbled down the ramen to avoid Haechan's question. He knew and so he fiddled with his phone while waiting for you to finish your meal.

"Haechan," you called him out, making him jump.

"W-what?"

"Lately, you've been so nice to me." You locked your gaze in his eyes, a slight panic rushed in him at your question. "I-Is it wrong to be nice sometimes to your own friend? Plus we are living under the same roof, fighting won't result in anything satisfying as we would see each other everyday" He rapped.

You heaved a low chuckle, nodding slowly as a sly smirk appeared on your face. Leaning back, you crossed your arms, "Well, just checking if you have a crush on me."

He choked, sweating bullets but he was lucky you just let it slide and you walked away with the bowl to the sink. "If you are done, I'll go to sleep first," He rushed to his room, locking himself. He jumped on his bed "Is that tooooo obvious?" He muffled. "Fuck my life,"

The next day at school, Jaemin greeted you with his toast which was cute as he cut the toast into a heart shape. "Here's a toast for my princess" Jaemin beamed and before you could take it, Haechan snatched it away, shoving it into his mouth. Jaemin growled in annoyance as he grabbed another, plain rectangular toast to give it to you.

"I made that for Yoojin," Jaemin said sadly. You laughed, patting Jaemin on his arm to comfort him. "It's okay, I still love you more than him," Hearing that, Haechan choked on the toast as he glared at you as you gave him a small smirk.

In class, you were back to doodling and you kept on thinking about Jaehyun being your step-brother. 'Psh I never think such a handsome boy would talk to me' you mumbled. Haechan who had been looking at you doodling noticed your mumble and he nudged you.

"What handsome boy?" He raised a brow. You rolled your eyes at him.

The corner of your lips raised, "My handsome boy," You teased him. Haechan felt his heart burning but he just turned his head, looking away from you and laid his head on the table, trying to sleep.

"It's time for my baby to eat!" Jaemin clapped, hooking his arms over your shoulder. "Stop babying her," Haechan grunted as he took out his wallet from his bag. "Wow, nice wallet! How about you treat us today?" You grasped his wallet.

He snickered, "Not in a million years, especially you," snatching his wallet back.

"But you just treated her to bingsu last time," Jeno giggled. "Agree," Renjun and Jaemin said unison. Haechan ignored them and walked out of the class, meeting Mark on his way out. "Hyung, come on. I'll treat only you today," Haechan said out loud for his friends to hear.

You munched your lunch peacefully as you listened to Jeno's lame weekend story with his cats. He suffered the flu from playing with his cats since he has allergies but since he loves them so much, he didn't mind having the flu.

You felt a tap on your shoulder and you turned to see Ahrin standing there. Jeno's story stopped, everyone focused on what Ahrin would do.

"Jaehyun wants your number," She held out her phone.

Your forehead creases but nonetheless, you grabbed it, tapping in your number and you gave it back to her. "He said to answer all his calls, as you are one of his responsibilities now. " Ahrin walked away.

Everyone shifted their gaze on you, "Who the fuck is Jaehyun?" Mar questioned. "Is that boy hitting on you?" Jeno chuckled and immediately Jaemin clasped his hands together, "Aw my baby going on a date? I'll totally pick an outfit for you!" You stabbed on your lasagna, "I wish but this is a different case,"

But no one noticed that name was so familiar except for Haechan. He could feel something was wrong, but he couldn't click on it.

After school, the dreamers wanted to head to the hideout for some food party after such a long time. But soon, you heard a honk, a voice yelling for your name. "Yoojin!" You turned, noticing Jaehyun jogs towards you.

Your friends' eyes bulged upon seeing Jaehyun, well, now there Haechan got his answers why the name Jaehyun seems familiar to him.

Jaehyun was a part of a United, who used to take a fight with the dreamers last year. Haechan immediately gripped onto your wrist as he hid you behind his back. The others were being alerted if Jaehyun brought any harm to you.

"Hey, chill. I'm here to pick her up, my step-sister" Jaehyun emphasized with a bit of a smirk. "S-step sister?" All of them snapped their heads at you.

You tried releasing Haechan grip's from your wrist and he let go. "Yeah, I thought I would tell you at the hideout." You sighed, "My mum is getting married, and it happened to be with Ahrin's dad and Ahrin's brother is Jaehyun," You pressed your lips together, avoiding their gazes.

They silenced. You didn't know about Jaehyun's real background and they didn't want to tell you earlier to protect your identity, but everything will get complicated now.

Now that Jaehyun knew you were close with the dreamers, the only thing on their mind was your safety.

"Why are you here?" You turned to Jaehyun.

"Just like I said, let's bond! Get to know each other more as we'll live under a roof," Jaehyun flashed a grin, noticing the looks on your friends' facial.

Haechan had his fist tight and Mark quickly pulled you closer towards him, hooking his arm over your shoulder, "But I'm sorry, we booked her first," His eyes piercing into Jaehyun's, his hands squeezing your shoulder tight as if he wants to protect you from all the dangers.

You were confused but you just kept quiet as you didn't feel like hanging out with a stranger alone now too.

edited.