08. a change of heart

On the Wednesday, Matty took Alice out around Manchester. He showed her where they were going to be playing the weekend after the following and then they went for coffee. Then on the Thursday he called her at around 4pm and they spoke until 2am. They spoke about everything, Matty never wanted to stop talking to her. At the end of the call, he asked if he could see her on the Friday, she said yes.

"Lads, I'm going to meet Alice." He popped his head round the door of the studio where the boys were sat. George was in the producers chair while Hann and Ross were on the floor with paper spread out everywhere.

"You can't, Kat's coming over." George reminded him, he shook his head. He had thought this out.

"She's coming over later, I'm picking her up from work on my way back from meeting Alice." He explained, they all accepted it.

"Does she know about her?" Ross asked, he shook his head then pointed at them in turn.

"And none of you will tell her, I will tell her when I think it's right." He demanded, George spun in his chair slightly and shook his head.

"You mean if you fall for Alice and have to stop sleeping with her" he saw right through him, Matty scoffed and walked out.

"What the fuck is he doing?" Adam shook his head dismissively. George spun around in his chair with his pencil to his mouth.

"He's falling for Alice but doesn't want to stop sleeping with Kat unless he really has to." He concluded.

"And by when he really has to you mean-" Adam started.

"When Alice starts putting out." Ross finished, George pointed at him as if he'd got it bang on.

"In a way, it's clever." Adam shrugged, George laughed loudly.

"It's fucking mental." Ross disagreed.

"It's Matty in a nutshell." George muttered, neither of the others said anything.

"I've never met Alice but I like Kat, she would be good for him." Adam suggested, George shook his head.

"He's not the problem in that retrospect. Kat doesn't want a relationship." He reminded them, they both nodded.

"Maybe she'll realise what she wants when she meets Alice." Ross mumbled, George smirked.

"If she ever meets Alice."

Matty jogged down the road from his car to Alice, who was stood, outside the cafe where they had chosen to meet. He wrapped his arms around her before they had even said anything. She giggled in his ear and wrapped her arms around him.

"Hey" She said, "how are you?"

"I'm better now" when he was around her he turned into a cliche noodle.

"Shut up" She laughed, pushing him away. He grabbed her hand and spun her around before throwing his arm around her shoulder. "Where are we going?"

"Not far. I've gotta leave at half five." He admitted, she pouted.

"I thought we were spending the day together." She complained but he shrugged. He liked her but not enough to ditch Kat just yet.

"Sorry hun, I have commitments." He turned down a street and led her into a park.

"At least you're not afraid of them." She muttered, not thinking he could hear her as he walked ahead of her.

First, he went to the kids section. She watched him as there were no children on the contraptions. He jumped onto the swings and started to swing standing up. She giggled as she ran over to him.