25. woman

George walked through his front door the day after the wedding to find Matty passed out on the floor in the doorway leading to their living room. He raised his eyebrows.

"Matty? Are you dead?" He asked, kicking his lifeless body. A small groan escaped from the body's lips so he continued to walk into the kitchen. He wasn't dead.

He put the kettle and the stove on so he could make some breakfast, he was feeling cheerful that morning for no other reason other than he got some the night before. He looked at the notes on the fridge that told him Ross had gone to visit his mum and Hann was out with his mate.

Suddenly, there were thumps from upstairs and then the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs. He counted on his fingers how many people lived in this house and where they all were. It couldn't be any of them. Then, Kat walked through the door with wet hair.

"Kat! Hey." He didn't expect her to be here.

"Oh hey, didn't realise you were here." She clearly thought the same thing, he shrugged and cracked an egg into the sizzling pan. "I slept in your bed, I hope that's okay" She crept up behind him and wrapped her arms around his torso.

"Why'd you sleep in mine and not Matty's?" He wondered, Kat popped her head so he could see her and raised her eyebrows.

"Why would I sleep in Matty's?" She asked defensively. He only noticed then that she was wearing his jumper and sweats. They looked good on her.

"Why wouldn't you? He clearly passed out on the floor. Why wouldn't you take the bed?" He asked, Kat removed her arms from him and shrugged.

"Felt wrong, I guess." George stared at her, expecting more but it never came. He turned around and started to move the eggs around in the pan.

"I know it's none of my business; but did you sleep with him last night?" He asked randomly, Kat froze.

"I just told you I slept in your bed." She pointed out, he turned around again.

"Well, I don't know." He shrugged, Kat raised her eyebrows.

"I don't sleep with other girl's boyfriends." She said harshly, his eyes dropped to look as if he didn't believe her.

"Oh, but you'll kiss them?" He threw back at her, Kat's eyes widened. "Huh, yeah, didn't know I knew about that did you?" He sassed, she rolled her eyes hard.

"It meant nothing, George. It was a drunk kiss between two friends. With the amount of alcohol in my body, I would've got off with you and Matty's cousin." She explained, George laughed loudly.

"Ah, missed opportunity" he dropped it, earning Kat's gratitude. He turned back around and threw some bacon in a pan. Kat bumped her hip with hers before making coffee with the water George had boiled. She giggled as he bumped her back.

"Fuck me." A groan came from the door, they both turned to see Matty leaning against the doorframe. Their head turned to him and their smiles faded.

"You ok there, Matty?" Kat asked, he groaned loudly as he practically crawled to the dining table where he sat.

"I feel like shit." He dropped his head too far and hit his head against the table. George and Kat burst out laughing but then had to check he was still conscious when he didn't move.

It was a lazy morning, George and Kat managed to feed Matty some neurofen and bacon before he waltzed up to have a shower.

"Do you have work today?" George asked, Kat shook her head as she loaded the dishwasher. "Do you wanna hang out and watch a movie or something?" He asked, she nodded and stretched out. He couldn't help himself, he put his arms around her torso and lifted her up to hug her.