40. me

As Matty woke up in his tent, he knew the day was going to be exhausting. It was his birthday. This was the reason they had come down and now he had to face it. It would be a day where he would have to act as if he liked presents and call his mum at some point.

Suddenly, he felt a hand rub on his leg which indicated that Alice was awake and ready to give her first present. He turned his head and saw her big blue eyes staring at him, he smiled and kissed her softly before letting her go down on him.

Kat was stood in front of the fire, one arm wrapped around her body and the other rested on it to hold her cigarette in front of her lips. She felt an arm around her all of a sudden but knew it was George from his smell.

"Morning" he sighed as he took the cigarette from her and put it in his mouth.

"Morning. Matty's getting head and it woke me up." She got straight to the point which resulted in George bursting out laughing.

"Aw Kitty, you know you're the best he's ever had." He fake comforted her but it actually worked. She let out a laugh.

"Hmm, it's funny because it's true." She smirked. Alice maybe the one he fell for but she would always be mediocre compared to Kat in the bedroom. Everyone except Alice knew that.

"What did you get him?" George asked, she shrugged. She hated buying gifts, she was shit at it.

"Bottle of red wine, bottle of tequila and one of those reusable water bottles to mix it in." She told him her last minute gift. George nodded.

"That's actually a banging present. I just got him socks." He confessed, Kat nuzzled her head into his arm and sighed.

"He's not one for sentiment." George sighed.

"You couldn't be more wrong actually, I'm unbelievably sentimental." Matty's sarcastic voice came from behind, they both turned around to see him having just emerged from his tent. They both grinned at the sigh of him and Kat sprinted towards him. She jumped with her whole body onto him.

"Happy birthday!" She squealed as he rocked her back and forth. He inhaled her scent and almost deflated there and then, that was a good enough present for him.

"Thanks Kit." He kissed her cheek, slightly too close to her mouth and went to receive his hug from George.

"Happy birthday mate." He squeezed him tightly.

Once everyone was awake, they all sat round the fire with their presents to give to Matty. He wanted to get it out of the way fast so he could get pissed and have lots of birthday sex.

He opened Tammy's gift, a personalised bottle opener with 'the 1975' on it.

"Handy." He nodded, actually liking it. "Thanks Tam." He blew her a kiss and she shrugged.

Then he opened George's gift, some socks. He grinned and looked at him.

"You know me too well." He laughed. George nodded happily, knowing too well that Matty never had a pair of socks spare.

"Shit. That was my present." Adam cried, they all laughed.

"And mine." Ross sighed, throwing him his present. Matty laughed and unwrapped all the socks.

"Very handy. Thanks lads." He smiled at them all.

Then it was time for Kat's present, she passed him the bag and watched as he looked inside.

"Ooooh" he said in a low voice as he saw what was inside. He picked up the bottle of tequila and saw it was a nice brand then the bottle of wine and saw it was actually quite old which was decent. "What's this?" He asked, seeing the reusable cup.