49. i couldn't be more in love

Matty had been gone for two weeks in rehab. Kat had gone to see him when she could but on some days he wouldn't allow her. It was nothing personal, and she knew that, it was just that some days he had bad days and he knew that Kat had already seen enough of them in her life time.

Kat stood outside the rehab and stared at the big sign 'Manchester Rehabilitation Centre' it read. This was the third day in a row that Matty had refused to see her and it worried her slightly. Usually it was the odd day of the week but now it was becoming frequent.

Kat turned around and got in her car, placing the box of tea bags and chocolate she had bought for him on the passengers seat. They were okay, he was always okay when they spoke and they were meant to go on tour the next week.

She drove home with low ambient music playing in the background, she didn't feel like doing anything that day so she just pulled into her drive and left the presents there. She noticed George's car in the driveway so she smiled slightly even though she knew he wasn't there for her.

George was sat on the sofa with Angie when a sad faced Kat walked through the door. He knew he didn't have to, but he moved slightly away from his position next to Angie.

"Hey hun" Angie beamed, "how was he?" She asked, Kat just shook her head and George's heart dropped for her.

"I'm sure he's just having a bad few days. You know what he's like. I bet he'll call you tonight or tomorrow." George tried to make her feel better. It wasn't exactly the perfect start to a relationship but Kat was hoping Matty wanted to be in it as much as she did.

"Hmm." She hummed distantly. She swayed around in place for a second, not wanting to sit down. George and Angie watched her detached eyes wander around the room before they met each other's. "I'm just gonna go upstairs." She finally said and made her way to her room.

She sat on her bed and pulled out her keyboard, she stared at the keys as if they were foreign to her but the minute she placed her hands on them they took it upon themselves to play something. She fiddled around for a while before pushing it towards the end of her bed and biting her lip.

Her phone started to vibrate in her pocket so she pulled it out with false hope in her heart; it was Tammy. She slid her finger across the screen and placed it to her ear.

"Hey TimTam." She smiled, she heard a sigh from the other end.

"No luck?" She asked, Kat drew her eyes to the floor.

"Not today." She responded. Tammy sighed.

"Okay. I love you. I'll come round tomorrow yeah? We can organise your wardrobe for tour?" Kat smiled down at her bed.

"Yeah that would be nice." She said weakly, they said their goodbyes and hung up. Kat put the phone next to her lap and pulled the keyboard onto it.

She started humming some song she had started to write when Matty first went into rehab. She hadn't thought about it until now. There was a knock at the door and she stopped playing.

"Kat?" George's voice entered the room as did his body. She looked up and smiled. "You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, just fiddling." She smirked, he rolled his eyes and sat on the bed next to her. He motioned to the keyboard.

"Go on then" she giggled insecurely and shook her head.

"It's just some shitty song about Matty." She replied, he scoffed.

"Their always the best ones when you say that." He nudged her and she caved. She pulled the keyboard closer and started playing the chords.

*Again, I changed one word just to kind of make it make sense a little bit*