27. lostmyhead

"So Alice, when you go home is it like a culture shock?" Kat asked, walking into the kitchen. Alice was making dinner for everyone, still unaware that her boyfriend had been close to a relapse earlier.

"Yeah, I get shocked by their accents. They tell me I sound foreign" She laughed and Kat joined in.

"Well I'm glad you're back." She smiled, well aware that she was being a bit snakey towards her but she liked Alice and would prefer if she was with Matty.

"Thanks Kat, me too. I just adore it here!" She started chopping stuff up, Kat had no idea what she was making but it smelled good. "I heard you went to the wedding with Matty and George. How was that?" She asked. Kat's heart dropped.

"Uh, uneventful if anything." She shrugged, Alice raised her eyebrows.

"Really? I thought you and Matty would've gotten up to trouble." She laughed, Kat tried to not freak out. She was still oblivious and she had to remind herself about that.

"Well, of course we got completely shit faced and Matty tried to make a speech about how he didn't like the bride and then I found him under a table but other than that." She confessed, Alice's eyes widened but then she burst out laughing.

"That boy, honestly. He's a nightmare." She spoke as if she was his mum. Kat laughed with her.

"Oh and I know you're meeting his family on Christmas Eve but don't worry, I met his mum and she's lovely." She said, Alice's mouth went into a line and she nodded. "She asked about you, I bigged you up so you're all ready to go." She gave her a thumbs up but Alice didn't look ecstatic.

"Thanks." She replied quickly before turning around to throw the chopped things into a pot. "Kat, can I talk to you about him?" She asked. Kat squinted her eyes.

"Of course. That's what friends are for." She smiled, Alice didn't seem as quite convinced but continued anyway.

"I don't know, I've just been so worried about him lately." She sighed, Kat frowned.

"Why?" She asked, Alice stirred the pot and stared into space as Kat watched her.

"He's looks like shit whenever I see him. Obviously, he's gorgeous but he always looks so tired and he won't tell me why." She explained. Kat suddenly became worried that Alice was going to find out about his substance issues but then she added, "I'm scared that he's getting bored of me." and she realised that she was still oblivious.

"Look Alice, Matty doesn't do relationships and the fact that you've managed to make him want one is a huge thing. If he was getting bored, he would let you know." She almost laughed but decided to keep it serious. Alice just nodded before opening her mouth to speak again. Ross and George walked in just as she said

"But-"

"Smells fucking delicious." George howled, Ross let out a moan. Kat laughed at them and went to hug Ross just because she could.

"Thanks guys." Alice smiled, Kat held one arm around Ross and tried to send a message to George but ended up just wiggling her eyebrows which made them both laugh.

"Where's Tammy, Ross?" Kat asked, still attached to him. He broke out into a grin.

"She'll be here later, she's at a job interview." He explained, Kat squealed loudly and jumped onto Ross again.

"No fucking way! Ross, I could fucking kiss you!" She burst, Ross laughed.

"What's stopping you?" He shamelessly flirted, knowing she wouldn't think anything of it.

"Oi." Two voices said, Kat looked past Ross to see George and now, Matty, who had just walked in. She giggled and watched Alice's face grow confused.