46. undo

George and Matty had been sat in the studio for the whole day, mixing and re-recording a few songs for the record label. Neither of them had spoken about Kat or Angie or any other girl for that matter. It was a drama free zone. Well it was until:

"How many songs have you written about Alice?" George wondered as he played around with Matty's vocals. Matty was chewing the end of his pencil as he thought about it.

"A lot." He answered, George smirked and turned his head to him.

"How many of them are actually about Kat?" He followed, Matty's eyes widened and then flickered all over the room. "Come on" he pushed.

"Most. She's American is purely about Alice but i'd say it's safe to say that the rest have a bit of Kat in them." He answered honestly, George bit his lip. "I wrote one the other day, just finished it. It's purely about Kat." He confessed, George's eyebrows raised.

"Can I hear it?" He asked, Matty stayed silent. "Go in there, and sing it." It came out more as a demand but he needed to hear it. Matty was only honest when he was singing. He did as he was told, grabbing a guitar on his way.

"Twist around the lounge
Sun drowns the house
Stick another pill in my head and go to bed
We're not doing it again so leave it
No, I didn't even see you when I liked you
No, Now I ain't got no time
Girl I wanna see you undo it
I wanna see you but you're not mine
Bombs have run out
Call round the town
I could hear you giving her head she said
You think we're doing it again keep dreaming
No, I didn't even see you when I liked you
No, Now I ain't got no time
Girl I wanna see you undo it
I wanna see you but you're not mine"

Matty stepped back, making eye contact with George. He put the guitar down and rubbed his face harshly as George just watched from behind the table.

"Matty. Jesus." He shook his head, the words he had sung couldn't of been truer.

"Let's sort out the set list." He shrugged it off but George just shook his head and ignored his suggestion.

"Write it out. I've got an idea." He demanded. Matty knew not to mess with him when he had an idea so he did as he was told. He wrote out the lyrics and hummed the tune into the mic for George.

George played around with some mixes he had already created, trying to find one or alter one to fix it together. He finally figured out a basic skeleton of what he thought would sound good and turned around to find Matty passed out on the sofa. He rolled his eyes and continued to play around with it.

Suddenly, his phone started to ring with an unknown number blaring on the screen. George's eyebrows raised as he picked it up.

"Hello?" He started.

"George?" A clear American accent asked, George looked over at a sleeping Matty and sighed.

"Yeah, Alice?" He confirmed.

"Yeah, sorry to call you like this." Her voice was sad and sheepish. George knew that she would want to talk to Matty. He also knew that Matty was unfathomably in love with someone else.

"No, it's fine. What's up?" He asked, leaning back in his chair.

"I'm just worried about Matty. Is he okay?" She asked, George's heart ached for what she had just said. She still cared so much even when he had fucked her over.

"Yeah. We're in the studio, sorting the out. I would pass you over but he's asleep." He explained, she seemed to sigh a breath of relief.

"Okay. Good. Is that party still on tomorrow night?" She asked, George had forgotten about the house party they had all been invited to. It seemed like such a long time ago that they planned on going.