13. girls

Matty entered the house the next morning with Alice by his side. He didn't even think about what could be waiting for him inside. Alice clung to his arm with a wide smile as he opened the living room door. Both their faces dropped as they saw Tammy, Kat and George all tangled up together on the floor.

"Jesus Christ." Matty mumbled, Alice pinched him and he muttered an apology. Alice looked over the people and assumed the girl in the middle was Kat, she was beautiful.

"This looks healthy" she joked, noticing the joint and the bottle of tequila. "Are they dead?" She asked, he nudged her which earned a giggle.

"Go in the kitchen, I'll sort them out." He turned her around, she shrugged and walked out. "Wake up!" He yelled, kicking their legs. They all stirred except for George. Tammy waved her arms around for something while Kat his opened her eyes at barely a squint.

"Fuck me my head hurts." She mumbled, Matty smiled slightly. He couldn't control himself.

"Alice is in the kitchen, be presentable." He said before walking out.

Kat put her hands over her eyes, she didn't want to meet Alice looking like an absolute state. Matty must've done this on purpose.

"I look like a right donkey. Some first impression." Kat muttered to George who was just watching her, he felt the need to protect her from Alice. Tammy slowly stood up.

"I'll go talk you up while you sort yourself out." She kissed her head and pulled her skirt down.

"Love ya" she smiled as she walked out.

"This is gonna be interesting." George mumbled, Kat hit him on the arm which earned a low grumbled laugh.

"How do I look?" She asked, George looked at her and smiled which she saw as a bad thing.

"Stop, you look amazing for someone who's just woken up." He said honestly, she picked up his hoodie and put it on to cover herself up a bit as she stood up.

"Come on, I need you to look out for me in there." She pulled him up with all her weight.

"Always." He kissed her head and pushed her towards the door.

She walked in to find Matty making tea and Tammy with Alice on the other side of the island. Alice's eyes immediately flickered to her and a smile spread on her face.

"You must be Kat!" Alice beamed, Matty's head snapped at the door to watch the interaction go down. Alice ran over to Kat and engulfed her in a hug.

"And you must be Alice, I've heard so much about you." She said as brightly as possible, not removing her eyes from Matty's. He looked desperate and he was, for something to go right.

"Matty never mentioned how beautiful you are!" She grinned, Kat genuinely smiled and Matty could tell.

"That doesn't seem like something I should say" he said, Alice rolled her eyes which made Kat smile wider. She liked her.

"Matty, be a dear and make me one." Kat smirked, Matty squinted her eyes at her before turning to Alice.

"Would you like one?" He asked, she nodded and he smiled. Kat shook her head as she walked over to the kitchen table where she spent way too much of her time now. She took a seat next to George while Tammy stayed on the island seat chatting to Matty.

"So Kat, how do you know the boys?" She asked innocently, Matty dropped a spoon on the floor in fear which made her smile. He was shitting himself.

"We met at a party and just kinda became best friends." She lied, Matty started to stir the milk with the spoon while he ignored Tammy. When he came over, Kat watched Tammy smile at something in the hallway and then practically skip towards it.