Edogawa Ranpo

Might want to know this: Sugimoto is the police officer, Minoura is the inspector, Yamagiwa is the victim (from Chapter 6)

"We spread out the net in the river - ..  - are you okay, (Y/N)-san?"

"Yeah.. it's just that no matter how many times I see it, it doesn't get any better.." You covered your nose and mouth with your hand as you turned your head back to look at the dead body.

"And it was Yamagiwa-senpai..." Sugimoto squatted down beside you, a pained expression on his face.

...

"Ah Minoura-san is calling you." You looked up to see Minoura waving his hand at Sugimoto and pointing at his direction before doing a 'get your ass over here' motion with his hand.

"Ahhah.. I guess I better go -" Sugimoto scratched his head awkwardly while getting up before running to Minoura.

You watched as Sugimoto and Minoura talked to a pair of boys, a white haired one who was hiding behind a shorter black haired boy with a brown hat who could not have been more than a few years older.

As they finished talking and headed over, you stood up from next to Yamagiwa-senpai, shuffling backward to let Minoura and the two boys come closer.

You side stepped your way to Sugimoto while Minoura was explaining details.

"Who are those high schoolers ?" squatting down, you half whispered after jabbing Sugimoto in the waist to get his attention.

"..They are from the Armed Detective Agency" He half whispered back.

"Ehh -? But how are they armed? I don't see any weapons on them -"

"Ah that's because they have-" Sugimoto trailed off when he caught sight of Minoura giving both of you a death glare, causing both of you to immediately shut up.

.

.

"Something's caught in the net -!!" 

"Oh -, looks like they found something - let's go check it out"

You shook your head, focused on the corpse.

"Ehh.. but it was your idea -!"

Ignoring Sugimoto as he made his way to the net, slightly hurt, you continued staring at Yamagiwa, as if she would come back to life if you stared long enough. 

"Argh.. nothing makes sense.." You wanted to roll around screaming from frustration. Getting a hold of yourself, you hit yourself lightly on the cheeks, "Okay, I'll list everything I know out. Focus- !!"

"Yamagiwa-senpai was not killed by the mafia, someone could not break her face... maybe there were people who saw the murderer -! Wait.. no, the culprit had time to push her in the river.."