31

Niall was now in the final stages of his pregnancy, coming up around seven months.

Josh had gotten approved maternity leave to be home with Niall and the baby, and he might be a bit more excited than Niall was, and Niall was the one carrying the baby!

"Ouch! That hurt!" Niall whined.

"Everything okay?" Josh asked, when he came out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Peanut decided to hurt me again. We really should invest in a bigger crib. I feel like we're going to have a big baby."

"Oh, no, I am not moving that crib again. It's staying exactly where it is."

"Fine..." Niall deflated.

"You going to be okay while I'm gone?"

"Yeah, I'm only seven months. I give birth at nine months. Besides, this is your last week. You should go out with a bang."

"I'll be home by noon." Josh leaned down and kissed Niall. "I love you."

"We love you, too."

"Be good to your Mummy." Josh leaned down and kissed Niall's stomach.

A few hours later, and Niall was waiting for Josh to come home. He was hungry, but he wanted to wait for Josh. Josh soon came home with bags of groceries. "Sorry, I saw your grocery list on my way out, so I decided to get groceries on the way home. I hope that was okay."

Niall walked over and took the bag out of his hand. "Saves me from having to go tomorrow."

"Have you started lunch yet?"

"No, not yet. What-?" Niall was suddenly cut off when his stomach cramped up in pain.

"Are you okay?" Josh asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I think the baby's ready to come out. Two more months, Peanut." Niall rubbed his stomach. Josh smiled and rubbed his stomach then bent down and kissed it.

"What if we made the middle name Peanut?" Josh wondered.

"Then we'll have to find a name to match, won't we?"

"Are you saying that's the middle name?"

"No, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. It does have a nice ring to it, and it is unique."

"It is, your dads sent over a book to you." Josh pulled out a book and handed it over to Niall.

"A baby name book."

"Yeah, we should come up with a name."

"We should. Got any suggestions?"

"I do, but I want to wait until delivery to tell you. I want it to be a surprise."

"You're so sneaky, but I guess that's one of the things I love about you."

Josh rolled his eyes and smiled. "Have you been having a good day so far?"

"Not too bad, Peanut's been moving like crazy, I talked to your mum."

"Yeah? How are they doing?"

"They're good, moving right along with the pregnancy. Their baby's probably ready to pop, just like ours." Niall rubbed his stomach.

"They say when they're going to be due?"

"Hopefully soon."

"What do you say after lunch, we take a nap? I'm tired."

"Sure, Bean and I are tired."

After lunch, the pair fell into a comfortable silence as they finished lunch, then went upstairs for a nap.