28

THE LESSONS WE LEARN TODAY ARE THE LESSONS THAT WE WILL USE FOR TOMORROW. TO GROW, TO BEND, TO FLY, TO CONFORM, THESE ARE ALL THINGS NEEDED IN LIFE NO MATTER HOW SIMPLE OR COMPLEX THEY MAY SEEM. THIS LIFE IS FILLED WITH HIDDEN TRAPS AND TERRORS IT IS UP TO US TO FACE IT OR RUN AWAY FROM THEM. OH WATER! OH HOLY MOTHER CLEANSE ME AND MY SOUL. CLEANSE ME OF THE FIRES OF HELL AND THE SINS OF THE FLESH. RENEW ME AND CLEANSE ME. THE PAIN IS TOO MUCH TOO BEAR! THE SINS OF MY MOTHER AND FATHERS ARE TOO MUCH! OH HOLY ONE BLESS ME AND CURSE THOSE WHO USE THEIR TONGUES TO CURSE STRAIGHT TO HELL! THE SHALLOW WATER SURROUNDED MY BODY AND HUGGED. THE WATER WAS SO COLD BUT YET IT WARMED ME AND PROVIDED A COMFORT THAT MAN COULD NOT. BUT I WAS NOT A FOOL I KNEW THE SAME WATER THAT I WOULD SWALLOW TO SATISFY MY THRIST WOULD BE THE SAME ONE THAT COULD DROWN ME. BUT I DID NOT FEAR HER! I WELCOMED HER WITH TEARS IN MY EYES FOR SHE UNDERSTOOD ALL THAT COULD AND COULD NOT BE EXPLAINED. THE WATER WAS MY HOLY MOTHER AND I LIVED TO SERVE HER AND WORSHIP HER. OH MOTHER! OH HOLY OCEAN ! OH HOLY SEA DO NOT FORGET ME YOUR DAUGHTER WHO YEARS FOR A LOVE AND A WARMTH THAT NO MAN CAN EVER GIVE OH DIVINE! WIPE MY TEARS AND HEAR MY HEART AS I GIVE MY BODY TO THE OCEAN AND GIVE MY SOUL! IT ALL BELONGS TO YOU OH MOTHER!

"Knock."

A gentle but yet firm knock rang out through out the empty hall. No response was heard on the other end. Amir was going to knock one more time but he stopped himself. He wanted to bang on the door and rip the hinges off the door to get to Delicious. Amir wanted to get inside of the room and jump on Delicious's bones but he knew doing that would scare her off. Honestly, it was a bit much. Feeling nervous, Amir put his index finger in his mouth and began to chew on his nails. Using his bottom teeth Amir attached it under neath the free edge and began to chew off the nail. In a few second a curved piece of his nail was on his bottom lip.

Spitting outwardly, spit flew out of Amir's mouth but the nail stayed on the Amir's bottom lip. Annoyed Amir, used his right hand to fling the nail on the carpet floor. There was a pressure lying in Amir's stomach as he looked at the door in front of him. There was a guilt lying in the pit of his stomach. He felt so guilty about taking Delicious away from America but he knew that he could not let her stay there. That place was not only toxic but it was harmful. Amir loved Delicious too much to let her get hurt and partake in self destructive activities.

Delicious may view Amir was crazy and psycho but all Amir just wanted to protect his wife. Yes, Delicious was now his wife. Whether the papers were signed or not Amir wanted this to be the only woman in his life and he wanted no other. Lost in his thoughts, Amir did not notice the pair of feet that stood at the door than the pair of feet turned into a dark brown eye ball watching his feet as they laid at the door. 

Hearing the shuffle, Amir snapped out of his thoughts and wiped his face. Using his right and left hand he pressed his hands into his face and roughly wiped his face. Swallowing the imaginary lump in his throat, Amir decided to man up and he knocked on the door again.

"Knock!"

"Knock!"

A louder and more firm knock rang through out the hall. The door shook violently under Amir's knuckles as he knocked on the door again. It almost sounded as if the police was outside the door trying to come inside the room to find their suspect. Amir could hear shuffling and the bed creak after his harsh knocks assaulted the innocent door.

Nonetheless, it was his bedroom but he wanted to give Delicious a courtesy call before barging in. Grabbing the knob, Amir twisted it and noticed that it was unlocked and smiled. Pushing, the door open Amir walked in his bedroom with a blank expression. His childhood room looked the same and nothing changed. All the good and bad memories flooded his brain with each step he took but unfortunately the bad outweighed the good. A pained expression formed on his face  but his eyes softened as he landed on Delicious. His poor baby was wrapped up on the bed with a huge comforter reading. There was a air of independence that surrounded Delicious as she intently looked at the book. Who knows if she was really reading or not? I mean she did not finish high school but I digress.