Different Mindset (28)

(Dinah pictured above)

Dinah POV
After hanging up from Y/N, I got a call from our manager saying that we had a last minute studio session. To say the least I was annoyed but it wouldn't hurt getting out of the house for a few hours. I quickly got the boys dressed and dropped them off for a play date at our neighbors' house. The drive to the studio was long because the traffic in California is ridiculous around the holidays. After about an hour, I finally got to the record building and headed straight to the studio. When I walked in, I was greeted by everyone while they were going over lines.

"Look who decided to show up", Lauren said.

"Shut up Lauren", I said rolling my eyes. "Sorry I'm late guys", I continued talking to Ally and Normani.

"That's okay", Ally said.
"You're good girl", Normani continued.

I sat down and went over my lines with the girls. While we continued practicing, someone stuck up behind me and put their hands over my eyes.

"Guess who?", someone said in a familiar voice.

"Gerald?", I said pulling his hand off of my eyes.

He walked from behind my chair to the front of my chair and gave me a smile. I smiled back but I continued doing my lines with the girls ignoring him completely. We're just here to work and I know that Y/N wouldn't really be cool with me working with him. Surprisingly, the session didn't last very long and before I knew it we were done. Normani had to leave really early and in the blink of an eye Ally and Lauren left me there alone with Gerald.

"I know your wife don't want me talking to you but you look really good. You're glowing", he said smiling.

"Thanks"

"And uh congratulations on the baby, that's a real blessing", he continued.

"Thank you so much", I smiled.

"So what are you doing for the holidays?", he asked me.

"My wife and I are hosting our annual Christmas dinner/party thing", I said honestly.

"That should be fun. You should enjoy yourself"

"I will trust me"

Thankfully, I finished packing my things and started heading out with Gerald following right behind me. He offered to walk me to my car and I politely declined but of course, he insisted on doing so. He was starting to make me uncomfortable so I decided to speed up causing him to do the same. I don't know why he just couldn't take a hint but he was beginning to get on my nerves. When I got to my car, he opened the car door for me with a big grin on his face.

"Let me get that for you"

"Thanks", I said quickly getting in and closing the door.

"Alright well, I'll see you another time?"

"I hope not", I whispered under my breath.

"Huh?", he asked me.

"I said maybe"

"Oh okay well have fun over the holidays and I'll see you later"

"You too and thanks again for walking me to my car", I said trying to be nice.

"No problem Dinah"

I gave Gerald a fake smile, started my car and quickly pulled off. This is the first time he has ever made me so uncomfortable but I'm glad that I probably won't see him again. I can't wait to tell Y/N about this.

Y/N POV
"So what did she say?", Chris asked me.

"She hasn't responded yet"

Chris and I are done with all of our gift shopping and now we're on our way to the hospital to see our dad. But before we left the mall, Chris had me send Lani a text as to why this is all a misunderstanding and we should forget about it. I sent that message almost an hour ago a and Lani still hasn't responded. She never responds this late and now I'm getting worried.