Nothing To Hide (29)

Dinah POV
It's been two days since Y/N's been back and to be entirely honest, I'm really happy that she's back but... something feels different. To be fair I know that her father just got out of the hospital but I still need her attention. She's barely been talking or looking at me and when she does look at me it's like she doesn't know what to say.  It is obviously bothering me but I don't want to annoy her during the holidays. She also hasn't put down that stupid phone since she's been here. I mean who could she be texting so much?

"Babe", Y/N said breaking me from my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"I asked if you want to go for a swim in the pool?", she asked me while putting on some swim trunks. "The boys fell asleep and Pops is out like a light", she continued.

"Uh yeah sure that sounds good"

"Alright I'll meet you downstairs"

"Babe?", I called out.

"Mhm?", she said grabbing her phone.

"Aren't you forgetting something?", I asked pointing to my lips.

Y/N chuckled and walked over to me pulling me into a very passionate kiss. She put one hand on my neck and the other on my chin causing me to smile. This kiss feels pretty eassuring considering the way I've been feeling about us lately.

"Hurry get dressed", she said pulling away with a smile.

"Okay baby"

After Y/N left to go downstairs, I got up out of the bed and threw my bikini on the bed so that I could pee. This is one of the dreadful things of pregnancy. Having to use the bathroom all the damn time it's so annoying. When I finished, I quickly washed my hands and put my two piece on. I began fixing the bed back to its normal state and immediately saw Y/N's phone on the bed. She must've left it when we kissed. Lord knows I want to look at her phone right now to see what's been keeping her so preoccupied but she wouldn't do that to me. Would she?

*Bzz Bzz*

I frowned my eyebrows at her phone on the bed once more when it went off. Who the hell is texting her so late at night? It's damn near midnight.

Don't do it Dinah. You trust her. Maybe it's just work?

Or maybe she's cheating on you? She's barely touching you. Barely looking at you.

"Hey what's taking you so long?", Y/N came walking into the bedroom.

I quickly started pretending to fix the bed again. Maybe I'm just overreacting.

"Uh I'm fixing the bed before I come down", I said finishing up the bed.

"Oh okay", she smiled. "I left my phone do you see it?", she asked.

That's what you came to check up on? Your phone and not me?

I quickly hid her phone under my pillow and finally finished making up the bed. I have to see what's so important in this phone. I know I won't be able to focus on anything else.

"Uh I don't know. Maybe you took it downstairs and rest it down somewhere", I lied.

"I don't see it down there but I'll check again later"

"Okay great. Let's go downstairs", I said pulling Y/N out of the bedroom.

When we got to the pool, Y/N helped me sit down on the edge with my feet just in the pool. You'd think that I was really far along the way Y/N cares for me. Don't get me wrong my stomach is pretty big and I love the attention but I just don't want her worrying about me 24/7. She jumped in right after helping me and even got some water on me. She swam over to me and place her hand on my stomach with this big grin on her face.

"What?", I smiled back at her.

"I just can't believe how big this baby is getting already"

"I know. This baby might just be chunky"

"Maybe", she said rubbing my stomach once more. "Are you gonna come in fully?", she asked kissing my belly.

"Mmm I don't know. We have to wake up really early tomorrow so that the boys can open presents."

"Oh yeah that's right and I gotta help set up the party"

"That too"

"Alright well I just wanted to swim a little bit more and then we can go to bed", she reassured me with a kiss.

"Okay baby", I said between kisses.

Y/N pulled away and started swimming around. Of course we stayed at the pool longer than she made it seem. She was obviously having a lot of fun in our pool and I'm enjoying our time together but I figured that this would be the perfect time to go upstairs. I made up a lie about having to use the bathroom and quickly ran upstairs to our bedroom. When I leaving, she was wrapping up her towel to follow me but I was already out of there.

I closed the bedroom door behind me and grabbed Y/N's phone before running straight to our bathroom and locking the door behind me. I unlocked her phone, went directly to her messages and saw the conversation that immediately caught my attention. Lani

[Lani]: That's so sweet Y/N

[Lani]: why are you such a sweetheart 😭

I frowned at the two messages in my eyes and questionably tried scrolling up in the conversation.

Wtf...

When I continued the conversation there was absolutely nothing but those two messages there. Y/N is deleting her conversations with Lani now? What the hell is that all about? Before I could really process anything that I just saw, Y/N came knocking on the bathroom door.

"Baby you okay?", she asked me.

"Uh yeah I'm great. I just had a lot of pee in my system", I lied.

I put her phone near her sink in the bathroom, washed my hands and walked out of the bathroom. Before I knew it, Y/N handed me this champagne glass and had one in her hand as well.

"What's this?", I asked.

"Sparkling Apple Cider haha", she smiled at me.

"Good choice"

"Merry Christmas baby", she said kissing me on the lips.

I put on a modest smile between the kiss and pulled away.

"You okay?", she asked me.

"I'm fine. Why do you think something's wrong?", I said bluntly.

"Uh no I was just wondering"

To say the least I was pissed the fuck off but I didn't want to discuss this right now. To think that she threw the exact same thing between Gerald and I in my face and she's doing the same is entirely unfair. I thought that we've reached a mutual understanding about what happened but it seems like the complete opposite. I'm glad that I invited her friend to the party tomorrow. I just want to see for myself how friendly is this friendship.

—————————————————
*COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE*