Seperation After Christmas (32)

(Dinah pictured above)

Y/N POV
You'd think since our argument last night, things would have cooled off a little but unfortunately we were still going at it but I don't think anything topped last night. That was probably the worst fight that we ever had and I hate the fact that it was over someone else. I honestly feel sick to my stomach knowing how I'm making her feel but I really don't know what to say to Dinah anymore except 'I'm sorry". I might sound like an asshole if I say anything else. We just left Dinah's doctor appointment and thankfully the baby is doing great. In the midst of all our arguing, we both decided that we would keep the gender sealed and throw a gender reveal party instead.  As I pulled up to a red light, I watched Dinah quietly stare out of the car window like she had something on her mind.

"What you thinking about?", I asked breaking the silence.

"Nothing", Dinah said looking down.

"You sure?"

"Positive", she said quietly.

It got quiet again and Dinah continued to look out of the window. After about 20 minutes, we finally pulled up to our house and I pulled into the garage. I walked into the kitchen to grab an apple and Dinah followed sitting down at one of the bar stools. She wasn't talking but just sitting there not saying a word and staring at me.

"What? You want a bite?", I asked taking a bite into the apple.

"I think we should separate", she said bluntly.

"What?!", I said almost choking on the bite of apple in my mouth. "What did you just say?", I asked making sure I heard the right thing.

"Y/N I think we need a break from each other", Dinah said. "I know I'm going to be stressed out with the album in January and I right now honestly I can't sleep in the same bed with you or even live with you", she continued.

I didn't know what to say because I was completely shocked by it. When couples separate, the next thing they think about is divorce and I don't want that for Dinah and I.

"Dinah now please explain to me what the hell you're talking about. I blocked Lani on everything. Why are you acting like I slept with the girl?!", I yelled.

"Why are you yelling at me?"

"Because you just told me you want us to separate", I said calmly.

"You're acting like I said I want a divorce. I just think we need space from each other"

I paced back and forth in the kitchen. I don't know what to say but I was sort of heated. Separation isn't a word that we've ever used in any of our arguments. I know I moved out once but she and I both knew that I was coming back. This time it just sounds way more serious.

"So how much space do you think you need?", I asked curiously.

"Probably a few months out of the house"

"Months? You want me to move out of my house for a few months?", I questioned.

"That's not a lot. I just need to figure a few things out"

"What do you mean that's not a lot? You're carrying our fucking baby Dinah", I yelled. "And what am I supposed to do about the boys? They start baseball and soccer in January. What happens when they start asking questions?"

"Don't you think you should've thought of this before you did what you did?", Dinah said bluntly.

"And what's that? Dinah all I did was mistakenly sent Lani nudes"