Jauregui Memories (43)

A/N: I wanted to give you guys a long chapter so here you go.
••••••••••••••••••••••••
**FLASHBACK**

(Lauren pictured above)
5 years ago...
Dinah POV
"Dinah why the hell are you doing this right now?!", Y/N yelled at me.

"I'm not doing anything! You're the one choosing this shit over me"

"Babe if you would be patient with me then we wouldn't be having this argument right now"

"You know what? Fuck you Y/N", I screamed throwing her textbook at her.

Y/N shifted her head to left and dodged the textbook but it left a small hole in her wall. We've been in her bedroom yelling at each other for the past hour about her "study buddy" for school. I get that she's trying to graduate college early but she's been spending way too much time with this other girl.

"Dinah what the hell?", she said screaming at me.

"I'm getting sick and tired of this Y/N"

"Babe when you're doing your shit with Fifth Harmony I don't say anything so I don't get what the problem is"

"My problem is that you're spending way too much time with a next bitch. I could understand if she was some ugly bitch but no this bitch is pretty and she likes you a lot"

"Oh my gosh I'm getting sick and tired of this shit Dinah", she said slamming her laptop down.

"Excuse me? What are you getting tired of exactly?"

"I'm trying to be patient DJ but at some point you just have to start trusting me okay?"

"Fuck the trust. I asked you what you're getting tired of?"

"This DJ! The constant fighting and going back and forth with each other"

"So what are you trying to say Y/N?"

"I guess I don't know", she said with a straight face.

Everything in the room went quiet and we just stood there staring at each other. We were both obviously thinking the same thing but nobody would say anything. Y/N pushed her laptop over and I took a seat on the bed next to her.

"What's on your mind?", I asked her.

"I don't know", she shrugged. "I guess I'm really thinking that maybe we should take a break from each other", she continued.

"You want to break up?"

"Do you?", she asked me.

"Not really but I do think that we need space", I said honestly.

"Well let's just take a break for a bit"

Silence fell throughout the room once more and we both just stared at each other awkwardly. I don't know how I feel about it but I do understand where Y/N is coming from. We've been fighting for awhile now and I do think that we need a break from each other. A few tears started to form in my eyes but I quickly wiped them away before they could fall down my face.

"Y/N I love you and I want to marry you but if you think a break is what we need then I'll do it", I spoke up.

"You will?"

"Yeah but you have to promise me that this is just a break and that we're getting back together"

"DJ I want to marry you so of course I promise that"

We just both sat there awkwardly staring at each other before I got up and gave Y/N a kiss on the cheek and walked out of her bedroom. The regret that I was feeling was unbearable but I have to deal with it because I really want our relationship to work. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and quickly dialed Lauren's number.