Christmas Party Pt. 2 (17)

"I can assure both of you that I'm neither a bitch or a waste of your time", she said looking between both of us.

"Hi Mrs. Y/L/N, I'm Jessie J. You might know me as JJ or the mystery lady. It's nice to meet you."

(Jessie pictured above)
—————
"Listen Jessie I'm still really sorry about earlier", I said still embarrassed.

"You're fine. Trust me you're okay", she smiled. "Thanks for showing me around too. It's been really nice"

"Of course. It's been no bother at all"

I presses the button on the elevator so that we could get back downstairs to the party which was like 12 floors down.

"I see that you're wearing a wedding ring. Are you married?"

"Oh yeah I am"

"Is the lady who you were having drinks with earlier your wife?", she asked obviously intrigued.

"Oh no, no, no that's my assistant. My wife is somewhere around the building I'll introduce you"

She nodded and continued, "So how long have you two been married?"

"Um 5 years but we've been together since middle school"

"Wow that's a really long time. That's amazing"

"Thank you", I said smiling. "What about you? Are you married?", I asked.

"No I'm actually single"

"Wow that's hard to believe"

"Why do you say that?", she chuckled.

"Because you're drop dead gorgeous", I complimented.

"Thank you that was really sweet"

"Of course"

The elevator doors open and everyone as usual said their greetings to me. Throughout the party, I learned a lot more about Jessie. One of which she is really sweet but bossy at the the same time. I like it because it was a could combination. After a while, I finally ran into Dinah who by the way was still hanging with Halsey.

"Hey um Jessie let me introduce you to some other people", I said walking towards them.

"Okay", she smiled.

When I walked up to them, they both stopped their conversation and looked towards Jessie and I.

"Hey guys this beautiful woman right here is Jessie J", I spoke. "Um Jessie this is my wife, Dinah, and this is Halsey, an employee of mine", I introduced her to them.

"Nice to meet you", she said shaking their hand.

They obliged and smiled back but I couldn't help but notice Dinah look Jessie up and down and look over towards me. Dinah and I made eye contact for a split second but I quickly turned my head towards Jessie

"Well that's pretty much everyone", I said.

"Okay cool. Well I'm ready to serenade everyone now so just show me where I can sing"

I asked Halsey to show Jessie where she could set up and less than 5 minutes she started performing. Her voice was absolutely beautiful and unique. I loved it. Dinah stood next to me and whispered in my ear.

"Don't wet the floor Y/N"

"Huh?", I asked looking over at Dinah.

"Well you're practically drooling over this woman", she said rolling her eyes.

"I'm not. I'm just enjoying the performance that's all"

"Yeah okay whatever. After this is done can we leave already?", she asked me obviously annoyed.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was already 1 am.

"Um sure. No problem"

Jessie's performance went on for longer than I expected and it was amazing. This is actually one person that I didn't mind having as a client. She was funny, chill and really nice so I don't see the fault in hiring her. After saying our goodbyes to everyone, Dinah and I got in the car to head home. Since it was pretty late, we decided that'll be best to pick the boys up in the morning. 

The car ride back home was awfully quiet but once we got home, Dinah started having things to say. I softly closed our bedroom door and flipped the light switch so it could be a bit dimmer. After changing, I laid in bed next to Dinah.

"So where did you go during the party?", she asked me.

I turned over to face her and said, "Um I went to show Jessie around the building"

Dinah's eyebrows furrowed, and her arms folded across her chest. She seemed upset.

"Interesting"

"What?", I asked confused about the look on her face.

"It's just that you were gone all night"

"Well I went to the mini bar with Shay first but that's it. You left me alone first you know"

It was silent for a few moments, the only sound present was when Dinah took a deep breath.

"Something you wanna say, Dinah?", I asked raising my eyebrows. 

"I don't want you going anywhere tomorrow night. I changed my mind"

I quickly stood up it bed and turned on my lamp.

"Excuse me?", I said angrily.

I couldn't decide what reaction I wanted to have so I gave Dinah a chance to speak but she didn't. She just rolled over in bed shut her eyes.

"This is where you give me an explanation", I continued.

"You're a flirt!", she shouted, scaring me a little.

I just stood there unsure of what to say.

"No I'm not"

She chuckled at what I said and rolled her eyes. "Yes you are and you never realize it. You were flirting and eyeing Jessie right in the front of me and I'm sure you flirted with Shay when I wasn't around"

"Dj I didn't flirt with them, I just complemented them. That's all it was I promise"

"That's exactly my point. If that was nothing I can't imagine what you're like without me being around"

I rolled my eyes at Dinah and shut off the lamp. I turned over and pulled the bed sheet over my head.

"Well Dinah I'm a grown ass woman and you can't tell me what I can and can't do. I only asked you if I could out tomorrow night because I thought it was the right thing to do", I said bluntly. "Now if you don't trust me, that's your problem not mine"

———————————————
**COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE**