Too Friendly Pt. 1 (36)

(Lani pictured above)

Y/N POV
I sat at my desk trying to get as much work as I possibly can so I could spend the rest of my Saturday with the boys. They're currently downstairs in office daycare and they've been down there since this morning. It's already 3 pm and I have a shitload of work to do left but I refuse to do work tomorrow too so I'm trying to get as much as I can done. In the midst of me crunching numbers, my office phone rang reading Shay's extension.

"Hey Shay what's up?", I said putting the phone on speaker.

"Um Jessie's here to see you", she said through the phone.

"Who?"

"Jessie J boss", she whispered through the phone. "Remember from the Christmas party?", she continued.

"Oh right! Send her in", I said chuckling.

"Okay"

I totally forgot about Jessie. Ever since we hired her to advertise our vehicles, I haven't heard much from her since. Last time I checked she was actually really good company to be around. A few seconds went by and she walked through the door with a big smile on her face. She actually looked really good.

"Ms. Cornish nice to see you again", I said getting out of my chair and reaching in for a handshake.

"Same to you"

"Here have a seat"

I pulled out one of my chairs and waited until she sat down to push it back in. I sat behind my desk and wondered why she came to see me.

"So what brings you here today?", I asked.

"I want to take you to dinner actually", she smiled.

"Dinner?"

"Well you've been very generous with my salary and I don't come in to swing by at all. All I do is advertise cars in my music videos"

"That's okay Jessie", I chuckled. "I know that you're a busy woman and you don't have to treat me to dinner" 

"That's not an excuse honestly. So cmon please it's my treat to you and your wife?"

"Um actually——", I tried to speak up before she cut me off once more.

"Okay great it's settled", she said getting out of her seat. "I'll see you guys tonight and I'll text you the address"

Before I could tell her that my wife and I aren't together right now she was already out of the door. I mentally rolled my eyes and regretfully pulled out my phone to call Dinah and tell her the great news.

"Hello?", Dinah said through the phone.

I could hear music in the background so it's pretty obvious that she was at the studio.

"Hey Dinah"

"Hey what's up? Are the boys okay?", she asked.

"Yeah they're okay. I actually need a pretty big favor", I spoke up.

"Hold on for a sec I can't really hear you"

I could hear her shuffling through a room until she got to a quieter area.

"Okay is what did you say?"

"I said I need a big favor"

"Like?"

"Um can you go to dinner with Jessie and I tonight?"

"Jessie? The one from the Christmas party?"

"Yeah", I smiled through the phone.

"I can't Y/N"

"Why not? She said she wanted to take you and me to dinner"