Trust (38)

2 days later...

Y/N POV
"You're so stupid bro", I laughed as Chris and I sat on my couch playing 2k.

I needed to get my mind off of a lot of shit. Ever since Dinah and I slept together she's been kind of ignoring me. On Sunday, she finished my laundry, made my bed and just left. I don't know what I did but I think I deserve an explanation from her. I mean I thought we were getting back on good terms but it looks like she still doesn't want us to be together. Today is her day to get the boys so when she comes to pick them up I can finally see what is going on with her.

"You know I was supposed to ask you about something Lani told me the other day", I spoke up.

"I thought you stopped talking to her", he said pausing the game.

"I did for a bit but we kind of became friends again I guess"

"Oh okay so what did she tell you?"

"Something about you making her really uncomfortable. I don't really know but I thought I'd just ask you about it", I said honestly.

"I might've have gotten a little rough with her but I apologize a few days ago"

"What exactly did you do?"

"Um nothing don't worry about it. I barely remember anyway", he said unpausing the game. "Now let's play already", he continued.

I could tell when my brother was lying. He was my brother for goodness sake and I know him better than anyone. I didn't really care much about the situation though because it isn't really any of my business. About 15 minutes went by and I whopped Chris's ass in the game and we just sat down and talked for a while. This is the first time in a really long time that we actually sat down without arguing with each other and I'm happy about that. For once I feel like I actually have my brother.

"You know I actually have something that I wanted to ask you", Chris said chewing on an apple.

"What is it?"

"Can I stay here for a few days or until I get on my feet?", he asked.

"Uh sure. How come? What's up?"

"Karrueche broke off the engagement", he said sighing. "Turns out I got that girl from the club pregnant. I'm going to be a dad", he said sadly.

"Aww I'm sorry bro", I said pulling him into a hug. "But it isn't all bad. You get a blessing from this so congrats. You should at least be happy about that right?"

"Thanks", Chris said. "It's actually going to be a girl Y/N/N"

I smiled haven't heard Chris call me by my nickname in so long. It's refreshing to hear him say it. In the midst of our sibling moment, the door rang a few times and I immediately called out the boys diffusing who would be at the door. I walked over to the front door and opened it revealing Dinah with a straight look on her face.

"Hey DJ", I smiled.

"Hi", she said bluntly. "Where are Jax and Jaid?", she asked.

"You're not coming in?"

"No thanks"

I mentally rolled my eyes and gently pushed Dinah outside of the door and closed it behind me. I don't know what's up but I refuse to let her not talk to me about it.

"What's going on with you?", I asked confusingly. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Tuh", she scoffed.

"Dinah cmon. Is this some sort of sex thing or something because I'm so confused?", I asked unsure of why she was so upset.

"Listen I understand that we're not living together but that doesn't give you the right to sleep with anyone that you please!", she yelled at me.

"I didn't sleep with anybody Dinah"

"Really? So why did I find women's clothing in your laundry?"

"What?"

"Yeah don't act dumb. That small ass dress and those thongs in your washer. You could at least have the decency to fuck me with a condom but of course you sleep with someone and then you lay in bed with me"

I rolled my eyes to the back of my head knowing exactly what Dinah was talking about. I understand why she was so upset and maybe I don't give her reasons to trust me but I wish that she did instead of jumping to so many conclusions about what I'm doing behind her back.

"I didn't sleep with anyone", I chuckled. "I can explain the clothes"

"Go ahead. Laugh and make up some lie"

"Why do I have to lie to you baby?", I asked. "I'll be honest and tell you that they're Lani's and ——"

Before I could even finish my sentence, Dinah brought her hand up and slapped me across my face. She looked so upset and I knew why but if she would let me finish my sentence she wouldn't be so heated.

"Dinah what the hell man"

"Out of all the women in the world. You sleep with that bitch?"

"I didn't sleep with her Dinah. I swear"

"So why were her clothes in the washer Y/N?"

"Because I was really drunk and high and about to drive home. She saw me outside of the club and she gave me a ride home but I spilled liquor on both of our clothes the night before and she stayed the night and she was just washing her shit before she left", I said honestly. "I'm sure when you looked in the washer you found my clothes too baby. I swear we did nothing"

"So you're telling me. You got drunk, spilled the liquor and she stayed the night her with you but you two didn't have sex?"

"Yes babe"

"And you expect me to believe that?"

"Yes I do. You if all people know when I'm lying to you and right now I'm telling you the honest truth"

Before Dinah could respond, the boys walked outside with their bags in their hands. They gave me hugs and said their goodbyes while also saying hey to Dinah.

"Um boys just give me and your mom a few more minutes okay?", I asked them.

"Okay", they said walked back inside my place.

Dinah watched them as they closed the door behind them and she immediately pulled me in for a hug. I hugged her back and she pulled away pressing her lips against mine. I placed my hand gently on her cheeks and pulled her in closer to me holding this deep kiss for a few seconds.

"I love you", she said pulling away.

"I love you too"

I sighed when Dinah went inside to get the boys and left. I just want to move back in with them. I'm so tired of this back and forth and it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet. I don't know but I'm going to try my best to gain her trust again. I walked back inside of my place and sat down to talk to Chris again who was now of course smoking some weed.

"You wanna hit?", he asked me.

"Sure. I need it", I said taking it away from him.

I took in a long puff and exhaled through my nose. Right now I need as much escape as I can.

——————————————
*COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE*