Part 4: 48-Infinity War

One Year and Two Months Later

Tony Stark was, of course, shocked when his sister sent him that little black and white photograph. When he had seen the envelope with his name in his sister's writing, he had of course expected a picture. She had sent a picture with every letter, usually of her and Steve.

This one wasn't of her and Steve.

Impatiently, he had looked at the picture first. At first, he didn't know what the blurry image was showing him, but it all hit him at once. It was a fucking sonogram. He flipped over the sonogram, reading the little note on the back.

Baby Stark-Rogers, 2018

His eyes widened and he turned to the letter for some explanation.

Tones,

I'm apparently full of surprises (quite literally). That little picture of of your nephew. Steve and I are calling him our little miracle because he shouldn't be here. Apparently, my little missing buddy (my uterus) regenerated itself. It's fully intact with no scar tissue. I don't know how it happened. Natasha says I shouldn't question it, but I'm a Stark. We question shit.

You're going to be pissed at me, I know. Bringing a kid into a world where his parents are wanted criminals-well just know that this little miracle wasn't planned. He's certainly welcomed though. Some happiness is good, I suppose. I didn't want to get pregnant again, just incase something happened to the kid-I don't know how I'll handle it if any harm came to this little dude. We've bonded too much. He really isn't more than a cluster of growing cells, but God I love him.

You're an uncle, Tony. It doesn't matter what has happened, you're a fucking uncle. That's why I'm sharing this sonogram with you. You're still family and I love you. Oh! Congratulations on your engagement!! I'm so happy for you and Pepper. Marriage is...different. A good different. You'll enjoy it. I wish I can be there to see it.

Love your dearest sister (and your nephew),

Peyton Stark-Rogers and Baby Stark-Rogers

"Tony, you coming?" Pepper asks him, dressed in workout clothes. Tony brushes off the shock and puts the letter and sonogram back into the envelope. He turns and smiles at his fiancée. Last night, he dreamt that he and Pepper had a kid, but maybe that wasn't his child that he was holding.

"Yes of course. Why wouldn't I?" 
-

"You aren't coming with us to get her." Steve says as I land the Quinn Jet. I swivel around in my chair, glaring at my sweet, caring husband. We've been having this discussion the whole way over to rescue Wanda, who wasn't staying close or checking in. I was completely against her going off to canoodle with Vision, but I was overruled. But like always, I was fucking right.

"Pey, please. Just stay here and have the jet ready." Sam says, pleading with me. I stand up, my hand resting on my stomach as I look at my husband and pleading friends. They've been protective of me since I found out there was a new addition to our team a couple of months back. Now I know what you are saying. "Peyton!!! You said you didn't want to have kids because of the whole curse shit!! Why are you changing your ideals now?" Well you have a good point. I didn't want children because I didn't want to continue on with the damn blood curse or whatever this is and when I first found out I was pregnant I didn't want the child because of that reason. But I was able to get a blood test done and sure enough, the little devil inside of me wasn't a girl. He was a healthy little boy. Boys in my family are practically harmless so this little miracle was welcomed.

"Your father is being an ass. So is Uncle Sam. Fine, go, but you guys better not need help." I almost snap as I rub my stomach soothingly, opening the door the Quinn Jet. Natasha smiles at me before running off with the two others. I close the door, sitting back down in the pilot chair. Through the windshield of the Jet, I watched the Spinning Donut in the sky. I sat there, rubbing the slight bump I had as I waited. I tried to not get too worrisome over what was happening, but the fact my brother disappeared after the attack on New York today has set me on edge. After ten minutes, the comms came back to life after the donut flew away.