84-Power is Power

I was told that some of the choices I made with this book were bad and that I ruined it. Well guess what? It's just going to get worse from here.

-AP

———

My eyes flutter open on their own and there's a cold metal arm around my waist. He's pressed against my back, legs tangled up in mine. A part of me wants to feel guilty, but why should I? There's no reason for me to feel guilty. At least you waited until you weren't married. Oh, I didn't feel truly guilty. Last night was needed and it felt nice to have some fun. That's why there's a smile on my face and a delightful soreness all over my body.

I leave Bucky like I've left so many others. I slip on my clothes from earlier in the night and fly off towards the mansion upstate, the moon still high in the sky. It might take awhile, but I eventually land outside of it. I continue to walk towards the clearing and once I reach it, I strip myself of my clothes, kicking off of my heels. I take off my diamond choker, carefully putting it and the other jewelry I'm wearing on top of the dress on the forest floor. I move to kneel on the dirt and as I did, a breeze ran through my hair, my nose filling with the scent of roses and sulfur. My heart is beating fast in my chest and my stomach is in knots. You need to do this.

"You're ready, aren't you?" My mother says softly, smoothing out my hair. I nod, looking forward. Behind me is the mansion that I wanted to raise my children in, my home. My first real home. Hopefully, I get to raise them in that home. Give them the life they deserve.

"Yes, I am." I respond, holding my hand up. She presses a knife into my palm, the golden bowl appearing before me. I slice into my hand, squeezing the blood into the bowl. Elda guides my hand, tracing the needed symbols over my body, covering myself in my blood. I tried to calm myself down, reminding myself that everything was going to be okay. This is your birthright. This was meant for you.

"You know what can happen, right?" Elda asks as I stand, covered head to toe in symbols. I nod once more. If this goes wrong, I'm torn to bits by hellhounds, Lilith wins anyway.

"Yes, but it has to be done." I respond. Elda nods curtly and words fill my head. I let the words flow out of my mouth, saying what I need to say as I float upwards, tilting back so I'm laying on the air. The flame is scalding my skin, burning me from the outside in. My skin is sizzling and I don't really think I've ever been in this much pain. I let out a scream and as soon my mouth is open, the fire shoots down my throat, consuming me. My world quickly goes dark.

-

My eyes open and laying on the forest floor. I carefully got up, noticing that I was now dressed in a maroon colored silk slip. It was no longer bright and early in the morning, no it seemed like the night had utterly consumed my surroundings. I felt the need to walk, so I did, weaving between the trees. Leaves and branches were crushed under my feet. I continued to move, my feet guiding me. They lead to me to another clearing, one that I had never seen before. Other women walked in from all sides of the clearing, appearing out of the trees.

I somehow knew all of their names.

There was Emmeline, standing a little taller above the rest. Her hair was long and blonde and loose and the dress she wore was far older. Next to her was her daughter, Rosalind, then her daughter Sarah. Then it was Ismay. There was maybe two dozen and some more women, all of them related to me. Standing right next to me was Elda, dressed in her slip.