Chapter 18

GUYS! 1000 READS! FREAKING OUT LIKE YOU DONT EVEN KNOW!

Thank you guys so much for the support and positive feedback!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Are we there yet?" I complain to Austin from the passenger seat.

"Nope, it's only been five minutes since you last asked."

"Sorry, I just don't really like long car rides."

The trip has been pretty amazing so far though. We've listened to a bunch of different bands on the way here and introduced each other to some(although, there weren't really any he didn't already know of).

"So what's the first thing you want to do when we get there?" He asks me.

"Definitely beat you at checkers!" I reply with a grin.

"Beat me? Ha, you wish!"

"Oh I can totally do it, I'm a master at checkers!"

"Huh, and what is the prize for winning this checker match?"

What should the prize even be?

"You'll just have to wait and see."

He looks at me and smiles, then turns his head back to the road.

"Okay, listen to this song."

'She said I love

this song

I've heard it before

and it stole

my heart

I know every word

she's gonna dance

all night, night'

"I actually kind of like it." he shamefully tells me.

"I know! This is one of my favorite songs right now."

As were having our little conversation, he pulls up to a big, log cabin and says,"we're here!"

I open the car door and grab my bag out of the trunk. He walks beside me and unlocks the door and allows me to walk in first. I'm in awe from the decor of the inside.

The kitchen is to the right and has all stainless steel appliances and dark wood cabinets with a breakfast bar. If you go to the left, there is a long couch with a cabinet and TV across from it. The walls are a gorgeous light brown color and there are deer antler chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. I lay my stuff down and begin to walk upstairs where there is only two doors. I open the door to the first room and it looks like a guest room. I walk back out and turn the knob to the second door and open it to the most unique room I've ever seen. There is a queen size bed in the middle, TV, and a lot of log cabin decor. I go into the bathroom and there is a huge tub and shower with a double vanity. I walk back out of the room and Austin asks me, "are you going to check out the downstairs?"

"There's more?!"

I walk downstairs and go into a room with a pool table in the middle of it and a couple lounge chairs.

I walk back up the stairs and tell him," This is really amazing!"

"I thought you'd like it. I used to come to this cabin with my family when I was little..."

Oh no, he's talking about his mom. I notice his eyes are getting kind of red and I walk up to him and hug him really tight.

"Well it's perfect Austin."

He pulls back from the hug," So what about those checkers?"

I huge smile gets put on my face and I notice there is a board set up on the deck with two rocking chairs by it's side. I walk out there and there is a hot tub father down and a fireplace to roast marshmallows too! This cabin has everything!

I sit down in a chair and Austin does the same. I start rocking back and forth like a little kid and he just laughs.

Austin begins to speak again," So I should let you know that none of my family could ever beat me at this game."

"Well your winning streak is about to end!"

We spend about 30 minutes moving pieces back and forth when it all comes down to his 1 piece and my 3 pieces. I have him cornered and I take the last move and jump him!

"I win!" I brag to him.

"Oh, I'm gonna get you back!"

I jump up from my seat and run into the cabin! I close the door behind me so that's gives me some time to run into the kitchen. He tried to corner me in but I make it up the stairs. I run into the bedroom and stand behind the bed. He runs to the other side and copies every move I make until he runs around, grabs me in his arms, and throws me down on the bed with him. We both start laughing until he shuts me up with a kiss.

I don't know how long we're laying there kissing but he picks me up in his arms and starts to carry me out of the room. He plops me on the couch and goes to get something out of the pantry. He comes back with graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate and we both walk outside. While he is setting up the fire in the fireplace, I run back upstairs and get my hoodie. When I come back, I sit down in the rocking chair next to Austin and he hands me a marshmallow to put on my stick.

I begin to roast and it catches on fire so I sling it over to Austin and he blows it out really quick!

"I don't like the burnt ones." I tell him with a sad face.

He eats for me and puts another one on it and I put my smile back on my face.

When mine is done, he hands me a graham cracker and chocolate but I reject the chocolate.

"Why don't you want it?"

"I don't like chocolate..."

"Seriously, how does one not like chocolate?"

"I don't know..."

"Well I'll have to remember not to buy you chocolates on Valentines Day!"

I squish my marshmallow in between the graham crackers and grab Austin's hand while I'm eating.

"It's really been a great first day!" I say to him and we both look at each other a smile with marshmallow all over our faces.

************

Can you guess the song first? I'll dedicate the next chapter to you (:

Vote and Follow and I'll give you a cookie.