Forty

Lauren looked over at the clock.

4:30 a.m.

Great, another sleepless night for her. She looked over at Camila and stared at her features.

The brunette with the bangs was mumbling and her eyebrows were furrowed, making them look like an arrow pointing down. Her forehead was sweaty, and she would quietly whimper a few times here and there. Camila had another therapy session in a few hours, and Lauren just hoped they were actually helping.

She peeled Camila's arms off of her, along with the sheets and shivered when the cool air brushed over her exposed legs.

Lauren walked downstairs quietly and looked around, not knowing what to do next. She realized she hadn't gotten the chance to look around Camila's mansion. She was still in shock, the house was huge.

The dark hallway near the sliding doors in the back caught her eye. She had never been through there, and now curiosity was getting the best of her. She looked around before going into the hallway, too scared to flick the lights on.

Lauren pulled out her phone and pressed on the flash symbol in the corner, nodding when she saw the light coming from her phone. She walked through the dark hallway and stopped when she saw a red door.

"Should I be doing this? I mean it's just a room, right? It's not like she's hiding dead bodies in there.'' Lauren nervously chuckled to herself and twisted the doorknob, pushing the door open slowly.

What Lauren saw next, was not a pile of dead bodies stacked onto each other.

She gasped and had to hold herself up by putting her hand on the wall.

Lauren flicked the light on, and her heart sped up. She gulped and slowly started walking around.

The scene was just, Lauren didn't know, but she also didn't know how to feel about it. The walls were covered in pictures. Pictures of her.

Just as Lauren thought it couldn't get creepier than that, her missing ring from two years ago was sat in a tiny box with more pictures.

"What the fuck is going on? Holy shit." Lauren breathed out. She looked around and studied the pictures. There was pictures of her and Lucy walking down the streets of New York with ice creams cones in their hands. There was pictures of Lauren closing down the store she worked at. There was fucking pictures of Lauren walking into her college with her friends at her side. Normani was one of them.

Lauren stumbled back and her back hit another door. She turned around and took in a deep breath before opening the door in front of her. She embraced herself for whatever was behind the door, but all of that dropped when she saw what sat there.

There were teddy bears everywhere. All different types. They all had notes attached to them. This was very odd.

Some Lauren could tell were old and others were just recently bought. She crouched down and grabbed a yellow teddy bear that had a dirt stain on it's belly. She carefully opened the note and started reading.

Dear Sofi,

You are probably tired of recieving my notes. I don't know if you are even getting them. And if you are, I hope you are reading them. Though, I know you aren't , I haven't heard anything from you ever since I left. I stopped sending these, so I don't even know why I'm still writing and buying more teddy bears. You've probably out grown them, anyways. Okay, I'll leave you here. I have things to do. Goodbye, Sofia.

-CC  
5/3/18

Lauren's heart ached when she read the note. The shakeness of her hands prevented her from seeing the date properly, but when she got a good look at it, her heart dropped. That was three days before Camila decided to kidnap her. She folded the note back to how it was, and she stood up. A shiver ran down her spine, when everything caught up to her.