Chapter 12

Eddie moved around the kitchen, it looked recently redone. The oak cupboards, and the dark granite countertop contrasted nicely against the silver and white backsplash. Yanking open the first cupboard, he moved a few of the food items around before shutting the door. He continued to the next searching for any sign of weapons or money. Something to arrest the Snart's on, at least that's what the detective assumed his fiance's father wanted.

Shutting the last cabinet he moved to the peninsula in the kitchen opening the cabinets underneath and looking them over. Shaking his head he yanked open the fridge checking it over noticing all the food inside. Quietly, he shut the fridge before moving to the otherside of the kitchen to where a tall table sat with four chairs around it and a stack of towel on top. The pictures of the lake hung on the wall and different images of strangers caught Eddie's attention. Moving a few of the pictures he checked behind them making sure there was nothing underneath. He moved to a small cabinet near the far end of the room and opened the multicolored drawers. A few board games sat upon the dark shelves. Shutting the drawer he looked around the room once more before passing down the white hallway to the first bedroom.

The old Krosswood door had hung there for years by the looks of it. Pushing open the door Eddie moved inside. It was a simple room, with a wardrobe sitting opposite side of the bed. Three windows covered the wall, showcasing the forest beyond. The bed was larger, and it had a simple brown comforter, and red decorative pillows leaned against the headboard. The room carried a musty scent, a scent of little use, Eddie noted. Walking over to the dark wooden wardrobe, Eddie opened it hoping to find something but was met with towels and blankets. His attention turned to the small night stand that held a black digital clock. Opening the drawer, Eddie was a bit disappointed to find it empty. A search under the bed, left him feeling like this was a waste of time. Kicking the edge of the red area rug he stared down at the floorboards before pushing it back in place. Nevertheless, he moved down the hallway and to the master bedroom.

It was large, and it smelled of pine wood. The large bed was set against the back wall and a large bay window that covered the far wall that overlooked the front yard. A grey chair sat just to the right of the window alongside a simple black standing lamp. A light wood door hung ajar revealing a closet. Pushing open the door Eddie huffed a breath finding it partly empty, a few items of clothing hung but they were mainly coats and sweaters. Turning he moved to check the rest of the bedroom, becoming aware of a black duffle bag sitting to the side of the bed. His curiosity peaked, Eddie moved towards them grabbing the bag moving it to the bed. Unzipping it a little ways, Eddie froze recognizing one of Barry's shirts, he decided it was better not to snoop through their night bag. Moving towards the other door closest to the one he entered in, he stopped hearing a flurry of steps and chatter. Wally and Jesse rushed into the kitchen yanking open the fridge with a clatter. Eddie peeked at them checking out what they were doing.

Wally was wearing bright yellow swimming trunks as he dug through the fridge. Eddie could hear the clatter of dishes before Wally pulled away a handful of salami in his right hand and a few slices of cheese in his mouth. Jessie was sitting on the peninsula cross legged, the black two-piece bikini was littered with neon splatters of color.

"Share you jerk." Jesse hissed as Wally laughed before tossing her a handful of meat. A blur and the two teenagers were rushing out of the house, heading towards the lake. Eddie released his breath before checking the bathroom over, and moving towards the upstairs. He ascended the steps and scanned over the small upstairs living room. A bright blue rug matched the small grey two person couch. A desk was pushed to the corner and a newer office chair sat tucked under the opening.  He checked behind the couch, coming up empty handed before moving to the first bedroom. It held a bunk bed that was designed for children and a single white dresser crammed into the corner or the room. Yanking open the dresser drawers he discovered many of them empty or with small useless items inside.