And tbh we all miss u

Keith woke up a few times throughout the drive, really only to reply to his friends, or to change his song. He wasn't phased however when he was shaken awake by Shiro. They had arrived at their small, two-bedroom apartment. Shiro checked their mail when they arrived at their door and found a bunch of missed letters and bills.

"Crap," muttered Shiro. "I forgot to pay last month's rent." Keith sorted through the mail and found one from their landlord. He opened it and read it over.

Dear Mr. Takashi Shirogane.

I regret to inform you that we must evict you from this apartment. I have another client that has offered more. We must have you out by August 294th.

I apologize and wish you everything good.

Best wishes, your landlord.

"Shit," Keith breathed. He handed the letter to his brother. He was worried. They didn't have any other family or friends besides the Holt family. He didn't know where they were going to go

An idea struck him. "Shiro. Don't the Holts own the house next door to them too? They rent it out, right? But no one is there right now."

Shiro looked up from the letter, worry etched across his face.

"Yeah. Yeah they do!" He pulled out his phone and punched in a couple of numbers. He placed the phone to his ear and held out a finger for Keith to be silent.

"Hello, Mrs. Holt. So, this is a big ask but, the house that you rent out, is it available?" He visibly breathed a sigh of relief. "Cou– would you mind it if Keith and I rent it for a while. We've been evicted from our apartment, and have no one else to stay with." He listened to the phone for a while, then broke out in a large grin. "Thank you so much! Yes, he would. Yes, that would be wonderful. Definitely. Alright. See you then. Thank you so much, Mrs– right, Colleen." He hung up the phone and punched the air.

"You. Are. Brilliant." He grabbed Keith in a bone-crushing hug. "Grab the rest of your stuff. We're leaving first thing tomorrow." Keith nodded and rushed to his room.

He grabbed everything off of his shelves (it wasn't much) and pulled the rest of his clothes out of his dresser. He threw his bag to the door.

"Hey Shiro?!" the boy called to his brother. "Text Matt and tell him not to tell Pidge! I want to surprise her!"

"Will do!" Shiro hollered back. The smirk Keith knew he was wearing was practically audible. Keith continued packing his stuff and threw it all in the backseat of Shiro's Volkswagen. They got food from a nearby McDonald's and slept in Shiro's car.

The next morning, Keith hopped on his motorcycle and followed Shiro's car. They made a stop in an overnight parking garage to get some rest but were back on the road an hour and a half later. In that time, Keith received a text from a certain flirtatious Cuban boy.

Fukboi: hey man just letting u know were fun 2 hang out with. And tbh we all miss u.

City boy: Hey thanks man. Miss you too. All three of you 🙂

Fukboi: u sure its all of us????😉😉😉 not just Pidgey????

City Boy: Calm down Lance. Jesus. I got to go.

Fukboi: but rly, mayb gc us or smth. We'll keep u up 2 date on what Lotor is doing.

Keith put his phone away and hopped onto his bike. He rode after Shiro and they arrived on the Holt property at 3 am. Keith had to shut off his motorcycle and push it up the driveway so that he didn't wake anyone up. Matt and Colleen were up waiting for the two of them to arrive. They shushed the boys and sent them straight to the rooms they had stayed in.

It was dark when he went downstairs, so Keith didn't notice when he went into the wrong room. At least not until he turned on the light and saw books and tools on the ground and a small form lying in the bed.

——————————————————
Sorry, this one is so short, but I wanted to make sure everyone knew that the last chapter was not the final one for this story. Also, I'm thinking of starting up a one-shot book after this one, (but this is gonna be a long one lol) so if you have requests lemme know! Okay... That's it I think.

-JollyProbiotics