Never hurt our girl

Like Hunk predicted, Pidge and Lance walked back up to the house, laughing about some meme that Keith didn't understand. Once inside the house, Lance convinced Pidge to let him paint her nails. He had a special nail polish that glowed when dipped in a drink with any form of drug.

Four hours after they all sat around on their phones and got permission from their parents, (and Matt and Shiro), they all hopped in Lance's mini van and drove to Nyma and Rolo's place.

The party was already roaring. There was loud music blasting from speakers, and cars were parked outside of and on the lawn. Lance eventually parked on the lawn alongside a light purple car.

They walked up to the door, past countless alcohol riddled teens and a few smoking.“Look at her hair!” They heard a gasp from behind them.

“It's so messy, I know.” Another voice said. They turned around and saw two girls quickly look away from them.

“You've lost the bet already!” Lance laughed.

A large sign was plastered on the door, 'Juniors and up.’

“Does that mean age or…?” Pidge seemed nervous. Keith wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

“We'll stick together, 'kay?” he suggested. Pidge nodded, and visibly relaxed. Lance immediately ran off to get a drink and flirt with some girls. Hunk followed him, if only to keep him from being punched.

Pidge looked around at the loud crowd of teenagers and started fanning the space in front of her face with her hand. The stench of alcohol and cigarette smoke was really strong, and Pidge already swayed where she stood from the nauseating smell alone. Keith's hand slipped down to her waist chastly, and he pulled her from the crowded living room. He didn't want to go outside, there were too many people on the lawn.

They made it to the kitchen where the stink wasn't as strong, and there were only two other people in the room.

“Hey Shay, Rax,” Pidge gave a kind smile to the tanned siblings. Rax, the older of the two of them, looked a bit tipsy. “Shay, I think Hunk is by the drink table with Lance. If you want to see him, that is.” She winked dramatically. Shay chuckled nervously and nodded.

“Would you like anything?” she asked Pidge and Keith.

“I can grab my own drink, thanks though. Pidge?” Keith leaned on the door frame and released Pidge's hand.

“Ooh, could you grab me a Pepsi?” she asked, jumping up onto the counter. Keith nodded and followed Shay into the large crowd of people. He made it to the drink table and grabbed two unopened Pepsi's from a cooler and stuffing then in his jacket pockets. He saw Lance, already slurring his words as he tried to woo a girl with long blonde hair and nearly violet eyes. Keith assumed she was Nyma, she was giggling along with his words, equally drunk.

Keith returned to the kitchen to find Rax flirting with Pidge. She wasn't having any of it, however and kept turning down his flirtatious comments.

Keith felt a burning anger in the pit of his stomach. He couldn't place why, however, and it grew when Rax grabbed Pidge's wrist and he leaned in to kiss her. Keith watched as Pidge struggled against his advances, telling him to back off, and the older boy didn't take the hint.

Unable to stand watching that anymore, Keith walked up to Rax and punched him in the face. The people standing at the door stopped what they were doing and watched the fight brewing.

“What the hell, man?” Rax slurred.

“She said to back off,” Keith growled. “So why don't you listen to her, before I put another bruise under your other eye.” He raised his fist again, and blocked a punch from Rax. The larger boy swung again, and was blocked once more by Keith. Keith grabbed a hold of Rax's arm and twisted it behind his back. He kicked the back of Rax's leg, causing him to fall to his knees.

“You gonna apologize?” Keith asked.

“Are you?” Rax asked before throwing Keith over his shoulder and onto the ground, winding the boy. Wheezing, Keith returned to his feet and was unable to block another punch that came at his face. Keith turned his head slightly, feeling his molar crack and his lip start to bleed.

Pidge hopped from her place on the counter and ran from the room.

Good girl. Keith thought. She doesn't need to see this.

Another few punches to the stomach and Keith was on the ground, being kicked. He remembered the cans of pop in his pockets, and grabbed one. He kicked Rax in the shins, causing the other teen to fall to his knees once again. Keith brought the can of pop to Rax's temple, successfully knocking him out.

Hunk and Lance rushed to the front of the crowd that had gathered, followed close behind by Pidge. Keith raised to his feet, supported only by Lance's arm.

“Never,” Keith breathed. He wiped the blood from his nose, “hurt our girl.”

My girl. He thought