Bumpy Ride

Keith slammed his hand back down on the light switch as soon as he realized who's room he was in.

“Shit,” he whispered.

“Mattie?” He heard a small voice, and saw Pidge's tired form roll over. Her headphones were on her head and her glasses were askew. She had her laptop running and looked like she had fallen asleep while using it. Keith couldn't help but smile at how cute she was in her pajamas. The strap of her tank top had fallen to the side, and her slipper-boots were covering her whole feet up to nearly her knees. She was wearing her favourite grey sleeping shorts.

Keith walked over to her and took her laptop from her hands. He removed her headphones and glasses and placed them on her bedside table.

“Guess again, Pidgey.” He smiled at her, and she looked at him with half lidded eyes.

“I don’ wanna~,” she whined. Keith chuckled.

“Okay Pidgers.” Keith took the slippers off her feet and put them on the floor. He tucked her under her blanket and she curled up into a ball.

“I miss Keith.” She yawned and her eyes closed fully and soft snores could be heard from her. Keith planted a soft kiss on the top of her head and stepped around the mess in her room.

“I'm here now,” he whispered as he closed the door behind himself.

He walked into the right room this time and threw off his jacket and shirt. He flopped onto the bed and passed out almost instantly.

His door slammed open and he shot upright. Sunlight filtered in through the drawn curtains above his bed.

“Keith!” Pidge shrieked. “You're back!” She tackled him in a hug and he returned it with as much force as she had. Her face was in the crook of his neck and she squeezed his torso tight as he buried his nose in her hair.

“You're making it seem like I've come back from the dead,” he laughed. “Didn't think you'd miss me that much. I was gone a day.”

“Shut up,” she mumbled. Her breath tickled his neck and he remembered he wasn't wearing a shirt. “I thought I wasn't gonna see you for a long time, so it's exciting that your back. Damn why are you so warm?”

Somehow you get even prettier when you're in my arms. He thought.

“Pidge. You gotta let go. Doesn't BaeBae need breakfast?”

She pulled away from their hug, visibly disappointed, when Keith mentioned her dog.

“Matt dealt with her already.” She cocked her head to the side innocently. “So, and not that I'm upset by it, cause you can tell that I'm not, but... why are you back?”

“Shiro and I were evicted from our apartment, so he called your mom, We're moving next door. Renting the place from your parents,” Keith explained.

“That's awesome. So, you got all your stuff over there already?”

“Nah. We got here last night, you were already out. We gotta move it all over there.”

Pidge nodded in understanding.

“You should take the room downstairs. It's better.” She stood up and walked to the door. “I'll let you put a shirt on.” She smirked. “The guys will be happy to hear that you're back. Ten bucks says Hunk cries a bit.” She shut the door and Keith threw on his shirt from the day before.

He exited the room and found Shiro outside moving things into the house they would reside in for who knows how long.

“Keith.” He spun around on hearing Colleen say his name. “I've enrolled you into the junior year at Katie's high school.”