A Score to Settle

A Score to Settle, Nathan Delaney, in his final mission, he hopes to take revenge on Taylor Canary. But will he carry it out?  

Chapter 14

Previously on Chicago's Bravest

A hero is introduced

Nathan is walking up the ramp of the Firehouse 51, he introduces himself to Kelly Severide as he says, "Nathan Delaney."

They walk into the firehouse, and they come across Matt Casey, Gabby Dawson and Sylvie Brett.

Sylvie smiles at him sweetly as Nathan flashes her a wide smile that threatens to split both cheeks as Sylvie says, "Nice to meet you, Nathan." "Same as well Brett."

Nathan is Captured

Nathan is tortured, beaten and shot in the shoulder by Antonio, but he breaks through, fighting with Michael Huntington, the murderer of his parents as he snarls, "You murdered my parents."

Sylvie prays for him to come home as she says, "God, I know we don't speak much but I need a favour, I'm in love with Nathan Delaney, bring him on home."

Nathan is shot but passes out from the blood loss in the snow as he is saved by Ambulance 61.

A mentor lost

Memories of Captain Barton flash through Nathan's remind as he voices his thoughts, "Why is one man spared when another taken? To this day I couldn't give you an answer. The dead settle their debts, the living...well, they're left to pick up the tab."

The strain beckons on him

Nathan sees the ghosts of his dead parents who comfort him and bring him back so that he can continue to fight.

Leaving Chicago

Nathan leaves Chicago, not turning back as he says to himself, "One last mission, then I can rest."

Somewhere over Pakistan

In a C-130 over Pakistan, the Navy SEALs were on the plane preparing to HALO jump some of the men prayed to God to keep themselves safe.

Nathan was at the back of the line as he began to voice his thoughts, "Had that dream again, smelled the barbecue, children laughing, I saw someone, I think I see her. These things, none of it for me. I move by the sounds of roaring engines, standing amongst warriors, jumping into the night, I'm here to settle a score."

Soon the light goes green as the jumpmaster which was Knight as he made sure the SEALs deployed Nathan then jumped as he waited to open his parachute. As he continued to dive down he opened his chute at the same time everyone else did and they floated down to the surface, once they got on the ground, Nathan brought out his assault rifle as he said, "Everyone A-OK?!" "All good." Everyone said.

Nathan nods saying, "Alright, Deadeye, Grinch, you're on overwatch. Rest of you, with me. Deadeye, watch our six." "We got your ass. Good luck, brother." "You too."

Nathan signalled for the team to follow him as he said, "No surprises, let's stay off the goat trails and the road."

Soon they heard the rumble of engines as he said, "Company coming get into cover!"

Peter laid eyes on the road as he said, "Vehicles and footmobiles inbound." "Let's not tip 'em off, yet."

Nathan looked as Section said, "Dozen or so, weapons maintained, these boys were trained by Bates and his unit." "Can't wait to put a bullet in that asshole's head."