Chapter 3: The Competition

I stay in that old barn for hours, and I'm sure that there isn't a single living creature left in there, save Myra, my cat. All ten of the targets are littered with holes from countless numbers of arrows being shot at them. 

"If they were people, they would have died, been brought back, and died again. God, whats gotten into you?" I whirl around to see Skye, leaning against the door frame. He smirks and walks over to me, "You were so concentrated, you didn't notice the door open? God sis, that has to be the loudest door in the state." He ruffles my hair, and I glare at him.

"If I'm different in any way whatsoever, it doen't concern you, Skye." I try to walk past him, but he snags my arm. 

"Hey. All I came here for was to show you this." He hands me a flyer. "Theres and archery competition in Seattle on Thursday, and I signed you up for it. So, don't make any plans." With that, he turns, and walks out of the barn.

"That jerk. Who does he think he is, telling me what to do." Myra meows. "At least you agree with me." As I pet her soft head, I look down at the flyer Skye gave me. Hmmm...theres a two hundred fifty dollar reward for the winner? I could do this... probably. 

I slowly walk out of the barn, my eyes still reading the flyer. If I won this, I probably would have enough money to get into WSU... the college I've been saving up for. Maybe I will do this. I run was fast as my crippled body would let me into the house,  "SKYE!!!!!!!!!!" 

He bolts down the stairs, "What? What happened? Are you-"

"I'm fine you selfless brother of mine. I wanted to say that I'll do your little competition. I could use the money to get into college or something."

Skyes face brightnens, "Excellent! I require a seventy five dollar fee, since I was the one who, ya know... gave you the idea." He gives me a smile. I glare at him. "Fifty. You demon of a brother."

He grabs my hand, "Glad to be doin' buisiness with you. Now leave me alone." He turns back up the stairs, and disappears into his room. 

***DAY OF THE COMPETITION***

"SKYE, I'M OFF!!" I slam the door as I leave, unable to control of my excitement. I dash into my car, and speed out of my driveway. I must admit, my driving wasn't my best. In fact, it was pretty dangerous. I wasn't speeding that badly or anything, I mostly ran a lot of red lights, and switched lanes to get past all of the slow cars. 

I am almost exploding with emotion when I see signs directing people to the competition. "Okay, Hailey. Calm down. Breath in.....breath out.....breath in....-"

SCREEEEEEEEE-CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO! THANK YOU FOR READING THIS FAR! I PROMISE, WE ARE ALMOST TO THE PART WHERE LOTR BECOMES THE MAIN PAR OF THIS STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN, FOR STAYING WITH ME THIS FARRR :D