Chapter 6: The Wraiths

"Strider..." I echoed after the Innkeeper left. A movement catches my eye. The Ranger, Strider, stands up and walks in our direction.

        He comes to our table, and sits in Pippens chair. "I'm Strider, nice to meet you. And you're Master Underhill," He looks intently at Frodo," If old Butterbur got the name right. Thats the innkeepers name, Barliman Butterbur." He glances over to where Pippen is standing, making a racket with some very questionable men. "I would watch how much your little friend is drinking, masters, it might cause him to... talk to much."

We sit in silence, all of us looking at Strider. Then suddenly, Pippens voice could be heard above all the rest, "Baggins? Sure, I know a Baggins. He's over there, Frodo Baggins. He's my second cousin once removed on my mothers side, and my third cousin twice removed on my fathers side. If you get what I'm sayin'."

Frodo shoots up, and tries to get to Pippen. I also stannd up, "Pippen! No!" 

He looks at me with confusion glazed on his face. "What? They asked if I knew a Baggins, so why not tell them?" 

I was about to unleash some knowledge onto that Tooks head, when I notice Frodo trip over a mans foot. Strider, whose watching about as intently as possible, slowly stands up. I see the ring glistening from the light, and it somehow falls, sliding perfectly onto Frodo finger. Once it is on, Frodo vanishes and Strider dashes over, and grabs Frodos invisible body. 

I hear Strider hiss in Frodos hear, "You've drawn far to much attention to yourself, Mr. Baggins. I'd like to have a quiet word with you." I follow Strider as he half drags half carries Frodo to one of the upstairs rooms. 

When I catch up to them in Striders room, I burst in, and Strider unsheaths his sword, "Release him! Or I'll... I'll"

Aragorn sheaths his sword, and continues talking to Frodo. "Disappearing completely, that is a rare gift. You have something of great value and power. I know what you carry, and I know whose hunting you. You aren't nearly frightened enough."

Frodo answers him causiously, "I carry nothing..."

The other three hobbits burst into the room, carrying brooms and a chair, causing Strider to unsheath is sword another time. I try to contain a laugh at his paranoia. Sam, holding his broom, yells, "Let 'im go! Or I'll have you on shanks!!" 

Strider sighs, putting his sword away once again. He regards Frodo calmly. "You have been much to careless, Master Baggins. I heard you were waiting for Gandalf, well you cannot wait any longer. Come, we must move. They know you're here."

SKREEEEEEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEEE

I shoot out of my bed, woken up by the hideous screams that I had heard earlier. The Black Riders were here, in Bree. I look over to see Strider sitting in a chair by the window, and Frodo was sitting up on his sleeping pad. 

I look at Strider, "What are they?"

He keeps staring out the window. "They were once great kings of men. But then Sauron the deciever gave to them nine rings of power. Slowly, the power bestowed upon them drove them into darkness. They are the Nazgul, Ring Wraiths. Neither living nor dead. The rings power is always calling to them, driving them mad. They are severants of Sauron, and they will never stop hunting you."

Frodo looked up to Strider, "We cannot stay in the Shire, or Bree for that matter."

I look at Frodo, then back at Strider. "What should we do?"

Strider sighs. "Stay with me. I will lead the ring to a safer haven."

***THE NEXT MORNING***

"Lady, wake up. It's time to leave." Strider gently shook me awake. He hands me a peice of bread, along with a mug of water. We quicky check out and leave Bree, trusting this Ranger from the North to lead us along a safe road, 

I imagine we were out for a couple hours, before I heard Sam muttering to Merry. "I don't like this Ranger. He looks fair enough...but somethin' about 'im seems foul. And besides, 'e could be leadin' us astray, to take the ring for his own." 

Merry nods his head in agreement. "Aye, thats true. He hasn't told us where we are heading..."

"To Rivendell, Master Brandybuck. And, Master  Gamgee, if I wanted the ring, I would have killed you once we were out of Bree."

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS FAR!!!!! IF YOU HAVE ONLY SEEN LOTR AS A MOVIE, PARTS OF THIS WON'T MAKE SENSE, SINCE I AM GOING OFF A COMBINATION OF THE BOOK AND THE MOVIE ;)  PLEASE, KEEP READING!! WE ARE ALMOST TO SUPER INTENSE PARTS!!