Chapter 14: The Bridge that Leads to Freedom

~STILL LEGOLAS'S POV~

When I see the troll fall to the ground, I run to Hailey, leaping over corpses and whatever was in my way. "Sam!" I yell, grabbing his attention, "Sam!! Bring me some cloth or something to bind her wounds with. Hurry!" I turn, and see that he hasn't moved from Frodo's side. I sign, running over and grabbing his backpack. I return to her side, rummaging through Sam's pack on my way. I find some scrap pieces of cloth, and wrap them as tightly I can around her leg. I prob her against the side of the tomb, so she is sitting up.

"Oh no!" I turn, looking over at Aragorn, who is staring at Frodo's limp body. I check Hailey one last time, the leave and go to Frodo's side. "Frodo, no. Please, not Frodo!!" I put a hand on Aragorns back as he mourns. 

"We did all that we could Ara-"

Frodo gasps, "I'm okay.........I'm.... not hurt." He is breathing heavily. He rips back his shirt to reveal.....Mithril?

I smirk, "Looks like there is more to this hobbit than meets the eye." The hobbits tackle their friend. I turn my head, looking to see if Hailey was awake. Shockingly, I see her standing up, trying to walk over here. I shake my head, chuckling, then go and help her.

As I leave, I hear Aragorn say, "That sword would ahve skewered a wild boar, Master Baggins! And, in all honesty,  you have a good sword, Frodo son of Drogo. You fought well, despite your being stabbed and all."

~HAILEY'S POV~

My eyes flutter open, and I look around, my vision slowly clearing. I look down at my throbbing leg, and notice that it's binded. Who could have....oh. Legolas probably did. But Sam's pack is right...

 "Frodo, no. Please, not Frodo!!" My thoughts are broken by Aragorns yell. I try to turn my head towards the comotion.

I hear Legolas's quiet voice, ""We did all that we could Ara-" What had happened to Frodo? Were my efforts for nothing? Frodo can't be-

""I'm okay.........I'm.... not hurt." Frodo? He was okay!

I painfully stand up, using the side of the tomb to prop myself up. I have one hand balanceing myself on the tombs edge, as I limp my way towards my companions. To my luck, I see Legolas turn and see me. He gives me a smile and walks over to me.

"Thank you," I tell him as he approaches.

He wraps me into a tight embrace, "You idotic girl. You almost died!" He steps back, looking me with his dark brown eyes, his hands not leaving my shoulders. "Never. Do that. Again. Understand?" I nod, as tears suddenly burst from my eyes, as he pulls me back into a hug.

"I'm so sorry. It's just, Frodo's......" I sniffle into his shoulder, "Frodo is more important than I am, so..."

"No." He scowls at me, lightly hitting me upside the head. "We are all equally important, got it?"

I nod, more tears bubbling out of me. He sighs, and puts a supportive arm on my back, "Let's go," he says, helping me limp/walk towards the fellowship. 

Boromir sees us walking towards them, and walks over to us, putting his arm around my other side. "You weren't made for war, Hailey. I can see that now." Boromir says, looking at me with an amused look. "Yes, you're supposed to be brave, but nobody takes on a cave troll single handedly, not caring if they die or not."

"But Frodo was-"

He laughs at me, "I'm giving you a hard time, lass. Lighten up, you're not dying yet." I sigh, and shoved him, letting him know that I was annoyed.