Chapter 17

~Eliza POV~

After her sisters had fallen asleep, Eliza went downstairs. She often did this to unwind and help herself fall asleep. She brought the piano bench over to the window and sat, staring outside. It was still snowing, though the flakes were hard to see unless you looked at the glowing lamppost, which illuminated the snowflakes drifting down from the dark cloudy sky, and there was already about an inch of it on the ground.

Eliza pressed her hand against the cold glass. Fog materialized around her handprint. She sighed to herself and thought. Of course, her thoughts drifted to Alex. She'd gotten used to this over the years. Every second of the day she wished he were there with her. Eliza's most cherished memories were those with him in it.

Eliza knew this feeling-love. But she didn't like the way it controlled her mind and emotions. She didn't go to the school dances because she was worried Alex might like some other girl there, and that would break her heart.

Eliza's phone dinged in her pocket. She fished it out and saw a text from Alex.

[Alex: Are you up now?]

[Eliza: Yeah, why?]

[Alex: Well it's almost midnight.]

[Eliza: So what are you doing?]

[Alex: Couldn't sleep]

Eliza started typing back when her phone went dark. She'd forgotten to charge it. Again. She went upstairs and plugged her phone in, then didn't go back downstairs. Instead, she fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quick AN! Yay!

Soo.... if you've read my other book in progress, Into the Realm, this will basically be the same little note.

Straight to the point. I have midterms this week (gosh dang it) and that will limit my time on Wattpad. That totally sucks. I am not good with testing. Or splitting my time evenly between studying and having free time.

This note will not go up again on any other chapters of this book I post either today, January 13, 2019 or tomorrow.

So sorry for the slow uploads this coming week!

Also this book has about 100 reads! That is mind-blowing! Thanks! I was talking to one of my classmates the other day about having so many reads when I'm just, you know me, and, really, I am elated.

Also, hopefully I will not need to post another authors note into my stories. I get pretty annoyed when people do that and several parts are just short ANs. I know, I did an AN for the New Year, but hopefully I won't do it again.

BYEEEEE!!!!

And sorry for the short and non-important chapter....

Well that was a good ending.....