Chapter 1

~ Eliza POV~

Eliza sighed as her phone rang for the fifth time that evening. She picked it up and saw that it was Alexander Hamilton. Again. She declined the call and shot Alex a furious text.

[Eliza: Why do you keep calling me Alexander?! I'm trying to do homework. Please don't call again]

Eliza turned off her phone. She kind of regretted giving Alex her number. At least, she would have regretted it if she hadn't felt the way she does about Alex. Even after 3 years of telling her heart not to beat faster whenever she saw him, her heart never listened. She was confused. She had never felt this way about anyone. Her phone suddenly dinged. It was a text from Alex.

[Alexander: Sorry Eliza. I just wanted to talk to you.]

Eliza glared at the text and turned her phone off, not responding to Alex. She finished her homework as someone knocked on her door. "Come in" Eliza called. Her sisters, Angelica and Peggy, entered her room, both grinning widely. Uh oh, Eliza thought. She knew that whenever both of her sisters looked like this, something was about to go down. Something either the two were plotting and wanted her to join in or they knew something about Eliza that was probably embarrassing.

"Um what's up," Eliza said nervously. Angelica tried to cover her smile, failing miserably.

"Umm... we just..." Angelica stuttered while obviously trying not to laugh.

"Come on guys just tell me what it is already." Eliza said, her curiosity mixing with anticipation and nervousness. Angie glanced at Peggy, who covered her mouth.

"I don't think we should tell her, Angie." Peggy said. "She's still too innocent. I don't know if she knows what a crush is anyway. " she continued.

Eliza felt heat rushing to her face.

"Of course I know what a crush is Peggy. Just because I don't spread gossip or listen to pop music doesn't mean I don't know these words." Eliza said calmly.

"Ok then," Angie sighed. "Well, you probably didn't hear about this, but-"

"WE KNOW THAT SOMEONE IN OUR CLASS LIKES YOU!" Peggy interrupted, a huge grin on her face.

Eliza bit her lip. She never thought that someone would ever like her outside of family. She never wore makeup to school and was not very outgoing, unlike her sisters. If someone were to have a crush on one of the Schuylur sisters, Eliza felt like it should be either Angelica or Peggy. Her two sisters were watching her while unsuccessfully trying to stifle laughter.

"Ok who?" Eliza asked hesitantly.

"Come on Eliza, where's the fun in just telling you?" Angelica teased and pushed her sister playfully.

"Yeah!" Peggy agreed with Angelica. "We'll just let you find out yourself tomorrow."

With that her two sisters left Eliza's room, leaving the door slightly ajar so they could watch her.

Okay then I'll just find out tomorrow, Eliza thought to herself, getting ready for bed.