Chapter 12

~Peggy POV~

Peggy and Eliza left Angie to rest and went back downstairs, where Lafayette, Laurens, and Alex were waiting. Peggy sat next to Laurens and Eliza took a seat besides Alex. Lafayette just sat there looking lonely. He looked at the two sisters.

"Is she awake?" he asked.

Eliza nodded and Lafayette stood abruptly.

"You all don't mind if I go up there?" he inquired.

"Alright," Peggy said "but no funny business up there. She's still my sister."

Lafayette blushed and nodded, then headed up the stairs as Eliza glared at Peggy.

"You just had to say that didn't you." she said.

Peggy nodded. "Yes I had to say that. I had to make it clear that Angie wouldn't, um..."

Laurens cut her off. "I think we get your meaning" he said, taking Peggy's hand in his under the table.

Peggy tried to hide the fact that her cheeks were growing pink.

"So what do the four of us do while we're waiting for Laff?" Alex asked. Eliza shrugged her shoulders.

"We could..." Peggy started but trailed off, unsure of what to say.

Just then Lafayette came back downstairs and sat at the table. Peggy noticed that his face was red. Everyone else probably did too, she thought. Laff's light colored skin and freckles against his short dark hair made it quite obvious. Peggy grinned teasingly.

"Now, what happened?" she asked, a smirk coming on her face.

Um... nothing?" he said unconvincingly.

Eliza crossed her arms. "Yeah, right," she said sarcastically. "something obviously happened. Also, your face is redder than I've ever seen it before. "

"Alright, maybe something did happen, but I'm not telling you guys anything." Laff said.

"Come on, please?" Laurens begged, but Lafayette refused again.

Eventually, they all gave up and Laurens, Lafayette, and Alex left, leaving Peggy and Eliza alone.

"Well," Peggy said mischievously "Laff won't tell us, so we will just have to get it out of Angie."

Eliza nodded and the two sisters headed upstairs.