Chapter 19

~Eliza POV~

When the sisters had reached the park, there was no one there. Eliza looked at the running water of the creek, which was frozen in a few parts. She knelt on a rock to touch the freezing cold water.

"What are you doing, Liza?" Peggy shouted.

"Touching the water," Eliza said.

She made her way over to Peggy, water still dripping from her hand. She flicked it in her younger sister's face.

"And getting you back for yesterday."

Peggy wiped the droplets of water off her face. "Fine. We're even now."

Eliza smirked. "Yes we are, Pegs."

Eliza turned to cross a bridge spanning the left part of the creek, which surrounded the bottom part of the hill on three sides, then ran through the woods. There were at least two bridges, plus a line of huge rocks in the middle. A part of the creek even reached the forest in front of the Schuylur house.

She crossed the bridge, which leading to a plain grassy picnic area with a few tables on the right, and the dense trees on the left. Of course, that was all covered in snow. Eliza turned back to cross the bridge again, and was walking past a few trees when someone knocked her to the snow-covered ground. She pushed them off of her, stood up, and looked in front of her.

"Alex?"

He laughed at her. "Gotcha."

"You did not" Eliza said. "Okay, maybe you did."

He kissed her on the cheek. Eliza pushed him away gently.

"Where is John and Laff?" Eliza asked.

"Hiding in the woods," Alex said. "They're waiting for Angelica and Peggy."

Eliza smirked. "Good luck to them. Angie and Pegs are still at the base of the hill."

Alex made his way over to a particular set of trees. John and Laff came out from behind two of them. They came over to where Eliza was standing.

"Dang it Alex." Laff said.

"What?" Eliza asked.

"You came over the bridge first." John said.

"And that means..." Eliza trailed off.

"Nothing," John muttered.

Eliza let the question drop.

"So, what are you doing?" she looked at Alex, who shrugged.

"Sneaking up on Angie and Peggy." Laff said.

"Hey, who gave you permission to use that nickname?" Eliza asked.

"She did," Laff said.

"Okay then" Eliza muttered.

They crept around back to the bridge.

"There's no way we can go across without them noticing, the other bridge is past the part with no trees, and they'll definitely see us" John said.

"You all are being insanely creepy." Eliza remarked.

"Yeah I know," Laff said. "It's a talent of mine."

"You know what," Eliza said, forming a handful of snow into a snowball. "I'm gonna..." she walked out into the open while the others stayed hidden in the trees.

Eliza threw her snowball at her sisters on the opposite side of the creek. Two more came flying back at her, and when she ducked to avoid them hitting her in the face, she subtly gestured to Laff and John. Go! They darted across the bridge while Angelica and Peggy were distracted. Alex stayed on Eliza's side. Laff picked up a snowball and threw it at Angelica. John simply threw an unpacked handful of snow that exploded in the air.

"What the heck John?" Peggy shouted.

"And Lafayette!" Angelica added.

Eliza hit Peggy in the back with a snowball.

"My idea," she said.

'Okay," Angelica said. "Can we have a truce now?"

"Fine." Eliza said, right when a snowball came flying at her from the side.

She dodged it and glared at the thrower. "Alex!"

Alex laughed at her. Eliza jumped the rocks instead of passing over the bridge. She then threw snow at Alex, who failed to dodge it.

"What was that for?" Alex asked.

Eliza shrugged and went to join her sisters.