9

*Natalie's POV

Time was dwindling down and FP's trial was approaching. That's all anybody was talking about on the Southside, and I was getting sick of it. Everyone was just thinking the worst. It was getting annoying.

"I mean what's gonna happen to the serpents if he real-"

"Will you shut up already," I yelled at Fangs slapping him in the back of the head. "Enough is enough!" I stood up angrily making my stool fall back loudly, causing the Wyrm to become dead silent. "We will figure it out when the time comes," I stood tall, as all eyes were on me now. "Because in unity there is strength!" I shouted, making all the serpents recite the rule as well. "I will be going to FP's trial and I will let you know what happens." I knew I had to tell them something to calm their nerves. Hell I was even nervous. There was too much evidence against FP and with his prior arrests it was not looking too good. They needed reassurance and that's what I gave them. Even if I didn't believe any of it myself.

—-

"Jug will you chill out," he kept bouncing his leg up and down.

"How am I supposed to chill out Natalie," he snapped. "This might be the last time I will ever get to see my dad." I placed my hand on his leg and patted it. We all stood up as the judge walked in and sat back down. I ignored with whatever the judge was saying and began to play with the hem sleeve of my black crop top sweater. The side door then opened and revealed FP in a button up and tie. I gave him him a slight smile and nodded as he sat down in the table in front of Betty, Jughead, and I.

"Ms. Blossom will you please proceed with your statement." The judge looked at Cheryl.

"Your honor, I speak for myself and my mother when I say we forgive FP Jones for playing the part in covering up my brother's murder, and we ask the court for leniency." What, is she serious? I can't believe it. "FP's guilt has been blown out of proportion."

"As much as I sympathize, I can't simply ignore the gravity of Mr. Jones' crimes. There were no extenuating circumstances." I clenched my fists tightly.

"I overheard them talking." Cheryl quickly spoke up. "My father threatened him. He said he would hurt Jughead if FP didn't comply."

"In light of these revelations, I suggest we take a step back and reevaluate certain aspects of this case. At which time, we will revisit the sentencing. Adjourned." The judge began to get up.

I sat there in silence. Why would she do that? This doesn't make any sense at all. My thoughts were interrupted when Jughead got up.

"Is that a win?" FP asked as I got up as well.

"It's a delay," I told him as I stood up.

"So yeah," Jughead spoke up. FP and Jughead quickly hugged each other.

"Come here Nat," FP pulled me into the embrace as well.

Something is not right about this... at all...

—-

"I'll meet you at the tracks."

"Yeah alright." I hung up the phone and shoved the baggies in my jacket. I grabbed my keys and walked out.

"What are you doing here," I asked, as I approached my motorcycle. "And why are you leaning on my bike." I put my hands in my jacket pockets.

"Was just hanging out." He replied smoothly. I rolled my eyes.

"Listen Sweet Pea, what happened the other night was nice," I said making him smirk. "But it was a one time thing." Making his expression change in an instant.

"Your such an asshole, you kn-"

My phone began to ring. I pushed him aside and leaned against my motorcycle as well.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Jughead went to see Penny." I recognized FP's voice.

"What?"

"I want you to make sure he stays away from her," How did he get to the snake charmer? How does he even know about her? "You hear me?"

"Yeah, of course FP." And with that he hung up the phone.

"Shit," I closed my eyes and rubbed my forehead in frustration.

"What's wrong with FP," Sweet Pea asked.

"Nothing, it's more like what the hell is wrong with his son," I sighed. "Listen Pea I have to go and figure something out for FP, but I had to go make a drop off," I trailed off.

"You want me to do it," he looked down at me.

"Do you mind?"

"Where," he sighed.

"Just at the tracks." I told him.

"Alright," he stuck his hand out. I placed the baggies in his hand and then he looked at me. "But I get a cut," he added closing his hand that held the merchandise.

"Fine." I groaned.

—-

"What the hell were you thinking," I shoved Jughead against the wall as soon as he opened the door. "Are you fucking stupid," I yelled in his face.

"What the hell Nat," he tried pushing me off but I just pinned him against the wall again. "Get off me," he yelled.

"What the hell were you doing with Peabody?"

"She said that she could help, and she did!" I let him go laughing.

"You're so naive Jug." I went to go sit on his couch. "Penny Peabody is someone you don't want to mess with." I sighed shaking my head. What the hell did this kid get himself into?

"My dad said the same thing bu-"

"Who the hell even told you about her," I said getting up.

"Tall boy." He's fucking dead.

"I gotta go," I said opening the door. "But just promise me Jug, that you will stay away from her, and if she gets in contact with you, let me know." I turned back around looking at him.

"Yeah, okay, whatever you say," he held his hands up in defeat.

Now it was time to pay a visit to my good friend, Tall boy.

—-

A/N: It was a bit short and I didn't really like this one, but I wanted to get something up.