XVIII

XVIII

I stood there silently, not sure of how to react. Here Robyn was, being vulnerable right in front of me, but I couldn't find any words to say.

Which was kind of weird. I could pop out song lyrics with a snap of my fingers. But now? There was nothing. Literally, there wasn't a single word caught in my throat. I had a billion incoherent thoughts but not any proper sentences. I didn't know what to say, because I had never thought of being in this sort of situation.

I walked hesitantly right in front of her. It seemed like the thing to do, a good place to start. Her shoulders stopped shaking. Gingerly, I removed her hands from her face and intertwined out fingers. Her eyes were red from crying. Robyn wouldn't look at me, so I let go of one of her hands to tilt her head up.

"Look, Robyn," I began. "I love you, and only you. No one else can change that. I can't imagine being anywhere without you, okay? I need you, which scares me because I always do." I hesitated before adding, "Believe me when I say that there is no way I can ever have what we have with someone else."

She stared at me hard. I couldn't tell how long we stayed like that. It seemed like we were trapped in a timeless gaze. I guess she found what she was looking for, because then she rested against me.

"You're not mad anymore?" I asked hopefully.

Robyn shook her head. I held her tightly, feeling our bodies molding perfectly to one another's. I sighed at the feeling. She filled me in a way that I couldn't find words to describe.

"I love you." She murmured, tracing a tattoo on my shoulder. It was a sentence: never forget the day you stood on your own. I had gotten the tattoo when I was barely sixteen and had been in an awful fight against all of my friends. This was before I had met the guys. I was playing at a pier one day when Harrison loudly exclaimed that I was the final addition to the band. After being reassured they were not creepers, I was in.

I was so glad, because if I hadn't agreed, then I wouldn't have met my Robyn.

"And I you." I whispered and kissed her collarbone.

A knock on the door made us jump in surprise. "Eh, two minutes 'til the opening act begins." Someone awkwardly told us through the door.

I chuckled and put my hand at the back of my neck. "Um, thanks." I replied even though they had probably left.

"I shouldn't have reacted like that. 'M sorry." she said and kissed my neck.

I shrugged, and smiled goofily. That seemed to be my reaction to everything she did to me. "Eh, it's okay. Doesn't matter anymore."

My girlfriend fixed my shirt and tucked a lock of hair behind my ear. "You'd better go. Don't want you to get held up." Robyn cupped my cheek fondly.

"M'kay." I sighed in exaggerated disappointment. She giggled as I kissed her forehead. "Bye Robs."

She smiled brightly, brighter than any diamond in the sky. "See ya, babe."

_______

"It's too cold, it's too cold, the holes of my sweater." I finished the cover with a grin. The fans screamed and waved their arms wildly. If this wasn't a concert, you'd think they were caught in a fire or something. I laughed at this thought, and waved back at them. I'd never get used to this fame thing, but having fans was pretty cool.

"Thank you, you faces!" Max yelled into the mic and the fans yelled back with excitement.

Logan gave them all a pretty-boy-smirk. "Really, you all are great. You, you, and even the hater in the corner who came just for Rihanna. Hi! Don't worry, we're getting out of here now."

I spotted the corner he was referring to. The hater was carrying a sign that had the band's faces (Harrison, not Rydel) on it with giant red x's on them with Robyn in the middle. A green circle was around hers. It didn't bother me much, as I wasn't one for letting hate get to me.

The hater noticed they had our attention and was now on one of the screens behind us. He/she (I really couldn't tell from the distance) changed their poster to one that said, '#prayforrih' and '#gotohellmargot' in big neon letters.

I frowned. A lump in my throat suddenly appeared and I couldn't get those stupid hashtags out of my sight. Did the hater think I corrupted Robyn? Did more people? That stupid fucking poster. I bit my lip to keep from whimpering. If the mic caught it, the hater would know they got to me. What can I say? I'm a tough cookie. But when it came to Robyn, she was my vulnerability.

Clearing my throat, I said one final thing before getting off stage, "Have a good night everyone! Enjoy my girlfriend. I know I definitely will."

While we exited the stage, the guys and I heard deafening supportive screams. Rydel gave me a thumbs up, Max punched my arm supportively, but Logan just shook his head and angrily whispered, "Why did you have to do this now?". A few people of the management looked at me in utter shock when we walked past. I looked around helplessly for Robyn, thinking I might pass her on her way to the stage. One growled curses and went to go get Matt. It was probably imperative that he did so. I had (pretty much) confirmed to the world that the photo was real.