XXVI

XXVI

They slept together. I would have preferred for them to have slept in the same bed with a lot of space in between them, but that probably didn't happen. They had fucked.

They really did, too. I could tell. I could tell how Robyn had grown used to his skin on hers. She was merely uncomfortable because I had found out. And Matt? It was obvious. That goddamn smirk on his face wasn't there without a reason. He touched her like he was entitled to her body and could whenever he'd like to.

"It was an accident." The words spilled out of Robyn's mouth. She was starting to cry. Why was she crying? She didn't deserve to.

Yeah. His dick just 'accidentally' went into your vagina, I bitterly thought.

The pieces were starting to fit. While we were separated, I hadn't seen Matt (not that I had cared to notice until now), and Robyn. He must have been with her while I was away. She must have cheated on me then. I closed my eyes. She had cheated on me. During the phone call, she had to go. She had sounded nervous. Because he had shown up. When she demanded for me to come inside? Maybe I had interrupted her special time with Matt. I kept thinking of all those times we had together, when we had sex, every 'I love you' we told each other was marred.

"Fuck you!" I yelled at her, tearing off the wires holding me to the bed. Matt quickly pressed a button to call the nurse. I stormed over to her and pushed her against a wall. She let me, but her eyes were big with fear. Matt made me let her go, so I turned around and released my anger. My hands swiped at the chairs and the stupid plant. Everything had to break. I needed for everything to break. The tears stopped flowing. I needed that chaos.

"Margot, stop." She pleaded, arms trying to engulf me.

I couldn't sink back in again. I shoved her away again, and went back to the destruction of the hospital room.
The doors flew open, a syringe dived down, and my last thought was of how badly I wanted to kill that shitty manager.

_______

It's been nine years since that incident. Arrogant Smirk had changed managers immediately and we stopped touring with Rihanna. We weren't as big, but we had still had a decent fan base. All the fans knew of what had went on with Rihanna and I was that we were together at one point and 'split for private reasons'. That's what she had said in an interview. I watched it, and immediately smashed my laptop to bits.

The boys and I ended the band last year after Harrison got a heart attack from smoking too much. It wasn't the first one he had, but it should hopefully be the last. I don't smoke as much anymore. I needed my voice more than Harrison ever did.

He takes care of himself now, and quit for good. He's actually a composer. I've been to one of his shows. God, he's incredible. And he seemed happy with his new life. He should be. He got married to this songwriter girl and they have a really cute kid. I think the kid's name is Erin. The Christmas card he sent last year said something like that.

Logan joined that band he had been talking about after we all broke up. They're all a bit old now, but they have a new sound that attracted a bunch of older music lovers. He still has a bunch of fangirls, some that he has even dated. He practically has a new girlfriend every day.

Max teaches people to drum for free at his mansion on certain days. So many people come that they are assigned tickets so it's easier for him. He got married, too. His wife plays the flute and the violin. When they collaborate, it's really nice and pretty. He gets on a cajon and drums along to her melody.

And me? Well, I live in this really nice condo. Nice furniture, guitars hanging on the walls, and a lot of bookshelves. I don't play for anyone anymore. Except for my kid.

I adopted a Japanese boy named Akira. He was a year old when we met. The little boy could already walk and talk. We didn't get along at first. He was screechy and liked to throw around my bras. He's now two, and I find him completely adorable now that he isn't intentionally trying to piss me off. Akira's eyes disappear every time he laughs or smiles. I love him. He keeps me from going insane, and it made me tear up when he began to call me Mama.

I like being a parent. Even if he isn't biologically mine, I couldn't love him more.

"Mama!" He says. His little legs scurry towards me.

I laugh and place him on my lap. The best seat in the house for him. "What is it, kiddo?"

"Sing me a song!"

"If you say so." I grab my acoustic. He gets off my lap to let me play. I sing Take Me, the song that made Arrogant Smirk big. Akira loves it. He sways and giggles, even belting out a few lines. I'm pretty sure he's our biggest fan.

When the song ends, he pouts. I ruffle his dark, fluffy hair. "Another one?" I ask in Japanese. I learned the language just so he wouldn't lose his roots.

His face brightens. "Yay!"

I begin to play We Found Love. "Yellow diamonds in the light, now we're standing side by side..."

Throughout the song, I'm not thinking of anything but Robyn, my past love. Akira doesn't notice I've spaced off since I'm still singing and playing. I wonder about her. I know she is not with Matt anymore, that they stopped whatever they had after a month. I know that she has been breaking up more than dating.

I hated what she did. And after all these years, I still do. But god, I still love her as much as I did then. And I don't care if she's older now and has a few white hairs, she's still the most beautiful girl in the world.

I wish I could talk to her again.

"We found love in a hopeless place." I ended the song, a strange emotion shaking me from the inside. Akira clapped for me, as he always did, and lifted his arms for me to carry him to bed.

Before I entered his bedroom, a sharp knock at the door made the boy in my arms squeal in surprise. I frowned. I wasn't expecting anybody.

"I'm coming, I'll be a second." I yell so they hear me.

I rush into his bedroom and rock him gently. "Mama's got to see who's at the door, okay?"

"M'kay." He murmurs sleepily, snuggling closer to me. I have to pry him off carefully so I can put him in bed.

"Goodnight kiddo." I kiss him on his soft baby cheek.

"Goodnight." Akira yawns, and closes his eyes. I cross my fingers and hope he doesn't get up. Sometimes he'll randomly wake up for milk or a bedtime story.

I shut off the light and close the bedroom door. Then I walk over to the door where someone is waiting. I kind of feel bad for making them wait.

"Hi, sorry I kept you waiting-Robyn?!"

One more chapter.