Chapter 37

Anne clambered out of the car. She opened the boot and picked up the large crate of -beep-.
Jesus why didn't I just get him a packet of them not a big whole crate?
You know why! You embarrassed him!
Anne shook her head and waddled up towards Gilbert's house. Once she arrived at the porch she dropped the crate with a sigh.

She looked down at the box panting.
Please say he still loves mangoes.
He told me about them after he went away on his travels.

She took a few minutes to regain her breathe before knocking on Gilbert's front door. The door opened promptly. Gilbert was standing there.
His black tresses where disheveled and he was wearing his grey sweatpants and a plain black short sleeve T-shirt that showed his tense muscles on his arm.

Anne's eyes widened a bit but she snapped them back to normal as she faced Gilbert.

He looked down at her in a mix of curiosity, annoyance and hope.
She took a breath and then picked up the box of mangoes that Gilbert haven't even noticed yet. His eyes widened as he noticed.

"Are they for me?" He asked in awe
"Uh-I- um yes." Anne said in trying to overcome her nervousness.
He gave her a faint smile.
"I just wanted to apologise for embarrassing you in front of everyone, it was wrong of me. As you know I'm a very outgoing open person but it wasn't my place to expose you in front of everyone, I'm sorry Gilbert and I hope you can forgive me." Anne spat out quickly before looking down like the mangoes were the most exciting thing ever.

She looked up to see Gilbert grinning.
"You bought me all these to get me to forgive you?" He said his eyebrows raised whilst he tried not to laugh.

"Hey! It isn't funny!" Anne yelled as the box of mangoes wobbled in her arms.

"Here let me take that.." Gilbert gestured to the mangoes, Anne passed it to him.
He disappeared inside for a few seconds before returning with two mangoes. He handed one to Anne before taking a bite of his own.

He smiled and moaned in satisfaction.
A/u: that sounded kinda dodgy yikes
She grinned back before taking a bite aswell.
They both finished the mangoes quickly and relished in the delight of it.

They then stood their in silence gazing into each other's eyes.
Gilbert coughed and Anne looked anywhere else.

"So I'm sorry again..." she murmured.
"It's water under the bridge" he said smiling warmly at her.
She blushed and smiled back.
He then took a step towards her and they embraced each other.

"I love you Gilbert..." she murmured into his chest.

"I love you Anne.." he said back whilst kissing her forehead.