Chapter 44

2 D A Y S L A T E R

Anne placed a tray of cookies on the table that was already adorned with cakes and treats- all with which Anne was absolutely desperate to eat up.

She felt the rub of warm hands on her shoulders, she looked behind her and met her shining sapphire eyes with Gilbert's dark hazel ones.

"Are you ready, love?" He asked, his brows furrowed a tad.

She sighed a smile on her face as she glanced down at her tummy which was still unchanged.

"Ready as I'll ever be." She nodded as Gilbert placed a long gentle kiss on her forehead.

They were disrupted by the sound of the doorbell ringing.

"I'll get it." He smiled as he walked out of the room.

Anne took a deep breathe. This had been her idea, to call all her friends around for a small gathering so her and Gilbert could give an announcement about the baby. Now she was starting to get nervous and her craving for the sweets and cakes on the table was getting unbearable.

"Shirley curly!" A voice snapped her out of her thoughts as Cole entered the room, Gilbert close behind.

"Cole!" She exclaimed, her emotions so high she began to tear up.

They embraced as she buried into his arms.

"Oh I've missed you Cole!" They parted as she wiped away her eyes.

"I've missed you too Anne." He smiles back.

"Of course you're the first person here." She laughed.

"Well when you said you were making an announcement I was just too excited at the prospect of tea!" He giggles although deep inside he knew this was a serious matter.

Anne shook her head as she laughed- finally feeling happier than she has in days.

Gilbert just chuckled from his post leaning on the door way.

The doorbell rung again and Gilbert left again.

***

The party was in fully swing now.

Charlie, Diana, Jerry, Cole, Moody, Jane, Tilly, Josie and Billy all sat on the sofa and floor chatting as Anne and Gilbert sat together on a loveseat.

"Are you ready?" Gilbert whispered in the auburn haired girls ear as she nodded.

"MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION!!" Gilbert bellowed as Anne laughed at him.

The room fell silent as all the attention was drawn to the couple.

"We have an announcement." He exclaimed.

"As you know we are expecting a baby." Anne said as a light flush appeared on her face.

"WE'VE BEEN KNEW SIS NOW MOVE ONTO THE FRESH TEA!!!"

Anna glared at Jerry who shrugged back.

"Jerry for gods sake!" Diana elbowed him.

"Anyway!" Gilbert clapped his hands together.

"Anyway." Anne smiled.

"We have decided that we are going to be keeping the baby." They said in unison.

Immediately everyone cheered and clapped, coming up to the couple and swarming them in hugs and congratulating them.