Chapter 17

Third person
After Anne's little make out session with Gilbert she was feeling as happy as ever.
Gilbert and her flirted through most lessons (that Ruby was not in).

Once lunch came around Anne was bored of lessons. She skipped into the cafeteria and plopped herself down on a table with Diana, Ruby, Tillie and Jane. Tillie and Jane were really nice to her and were laughing about how she slapped Billy.

"He deserved it" Jane said
"True" Tillie agreed.
They all laughed.

—————————————

The lunch had been going so well. Until something major changed it.
Gilbert approached Ruby.

"Hey Ruby can we talk?" He said nervously looking from Ruby to Anne.

"Sure..." Ruby replied. Getting up from the table and following Gilbert out of the cafeteria.

The whole table went quiet and the tension was so thick you could cut through it with a knife. They all knew what was going to happen and only Anne new why it was about to happen.
Because of her.

Suddenly Anne was disrupted from her thoughts by someone screaming outside the cafeteria. The girls stood up as Ruby stormed in crying with blood on her knuckles.
Gilbert ran in after with a bruised face and a bloody nose.

Everyone gasped.
"She punched him?"
"What a physcopath!"
"Jesus she's mad."
The cafeteria whispered.

"Shut up everyone and go back to what your doing or else!"
Gilbert yelled in the middle of the cafeteria.

Ruby came over to the girls crying.
"He....b..b..broke u..up with..m..meeeee" she wailed as the girls comforted her.

"It's okay..." Anne said rubbing her back.

"Get off me Anne." Ruby said dryly.

"I know he broke up with me to be with you. It's pretty obvious" she glared at Anne.
The girls turned and looked at Anne in a sad way almost like they felt sorry for her.
Anne turned and walked out of the room dragging Gilbert along with her.