Chapter 43

Anne sat curled up in a ball on her bed.

She had been crying for hours.

Gilbert's face. The look of shock and terror in his facial expression, it wouldn't leave Anne's mind.

Anna sighed as she pulled up her top and gazed down at her belly. She couldn't even begin to comprehend what was going on in there. A live being was in there.

Suddenly a door slammed downstairs and she was snapped out of her thoughts.

"Anne!!!" She immediately recognised his warm husky voice but this time it was raw and concern echoed through it.

Anne dove further under her duvet, hoping that he would leave-but she knew that would never happen.

Gilbert was infuriating some times.

The shouts continued and Anne could hear them getting closer. The door of her gabled room creaked open slowly, she didn't move from her position amongst the bed sheets.

Feeling a dip in end of the bed caused Anne to tense and two hands pulled down the duvet.

Gilbert was sat perched on the end of the white lace covered bed. His eyes were damp looking and concern and shock still were viewable in his face. He sighed as he met her eyes, running a hand through his raven black curls that were wildly scattered over his head in a mix of disarray- probably due to him over excessively running his hand through them.

He sighed immediately, reaching out and placing a hand on Anne's soft pale face.

"I don't know what you want me to say..." he started and Anne's eyes narrowed.

"Well maybe some reassuring words would be nice Gilbert." She muttered, her voice wavering and a new pool of tears threatened to spill out of those already glassy blue eyes.

He bit his lip slowly and she saw his jaw clench.

"Don't worry Anne, this will work out- just stay calm." He attempted to reassure her but it was a bit of a flop.

She sat up and flung herself at Gilbert- they wrapped into a warm embrace as they both shed tears- tears of fear.

Anne tried to soak up the essence of Gilbert's coconut body wash but unlike usual this wasn't calming but instead reminded her of the inevitable.

After a long while they both split and Gilbert cupped Anne's face with his large warm hands- slowly he leaned in and placed a long soft kiss on her face.

"Are you going to keep it?" He exclaimed out of no where.

Anne's eyes widened. She had been thinking and she wasn't sure.

"I'm not sure Gilbert..." worry and guilt shone on her face.

"How would we even cope, we still have a few months left of school and then it's college!!" She sobbed.

"We will figure it out, I have a savings account- I could get a job in college- we can do this Anne. I love you and I hope this will be good for both of us- we will never be alone. We will have a family."

The word family stopped Anne in her tracks. Family. Something she has always yearned for, in all her years. She glanced up and Gilbert who was yet again running his fingers through his poor disheveled hair.

"But it's your choice Anne, I will not force you to carry and birth and child when you don't want too. It's your body and it's it's your choice. I just want you to know whatever choice you make I will support you on. Even if you decide to not have the baby then this isn't the end- there will be numerous more chances." He rubbed her arm and smiled down at her.

She sighed.

"Give me the day- so we can both clear our heads and think through this. I still am not thinking straight, this is all happened so fast." Tears began sprouting again and her and Gilbert snuggled down into the duvet.

"What about school?" Anne whispered softly, her back resting against Gilbert's chest as they spooned.

"Forget school, this is more important." He murmured into her ear before kissing it lightly.

Then they both drifted off into a slumber.

SO GUYS

1) THANK YOU SM FOR 57k like AKAJJANSKAN WHAT LIKE IM SHOOKETH TO THE CORE LIKE QUAKING

2) DO YOU WANT ANNE TO KEEP THE BABY OR WHAT?

3) I'm thinking about making a High school musical awae - opinions?

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING

DONT BE A SILENT READER 😉