chapter nineteen

Harry and I walk the streets of Oxford hand in hand and in immense style.

“This hat is giving me the absolute shits. I don’t know how you do it babe.”

Greatly struggling, I try to peer up at my love though the waves of my hat are making it difficult to see him in all of his great glory.

Our objective was to obtain something black and we would take it from there, resulting in that we had both found one another’s outfits within an hour; surprisingly Harry took a lot longer deciding for me than the other way round.

For me Harry picked out a stunning little black dress, it was a simple black sleeved dress with the exception of the lace work trailing from the top of the bodice up to the neck and along the sleeves. It was a beautiful choice if I did say so myself, Harry sure seemed impressed with himself when he figured I like what he had chosen which was extremely adorable.

I chose for Harry an all-black suit and paired it with a white shirt, boys were easier to dress than I had first though, but that also meant that our planned day shopping trip ended rapidly and left us confused as to what to do next.

We end up at a restaurant, shock horror wasn’t expecting that. We practically ate at a restaurant or café at least once a day.

“You’re going to make me fat.” I roughly pull the floppy hat off of my head placing it on the table in front of me.

“Whatever are you talking about Eva?” He’s grinning at me, little does he know just how serious I’m being, but I can’t help myself, his smile makes me smile.

“We eat at a restaurant practically every day.” His fingers play with his glass before he picks it up and brings it to his mouth, taking a drink.

“No true.” He says into the cup, his voice muffled. “How is that my fault anyway?”

I never wanted to cook for Harry because I know I’m horrible at it and I didn’t want to poison him, so other than a few things I haven’t cooked anything for him.

“How about this.” My hands are gathered in his and he looks right at me, no humour at all in his face.  “We can cook together.”

“That’s your resolution? Gee must’ve taken a lot to think of that.”

“It did actually.”

“Oh I’m sure.”

_

“Babe, pull over please.” We’ve been driving for a few hours now en route to my parents' place, also known as my childhood home. Harry told me to go to the toilet before we left but I didn’t need to go and since then I have had a whole bottle of water and need to go so very bad.

“No, I told you to go before. We’re almost there anyway.”

“Harry I’m gonna pee everywhere.”

He burst out laughing. This was funny was it? It’s good to see I was providing him with some entertainment.

I don’t speak to his smart arse for the duration of the trip to my parents’ house.

Luck was on my side today, we arrived no more than 15 minutes after my sudden need to pee had surprised me.

“We’re here.” Harry chimes but I am already out of the car and running up the familar, pattered stone driveway. My mum and dads collection of sparkly cars are in an ordered array along the long driveway.

Damn my parents for being filthy rich and having a big ass house with a long ass driveway.

I reached the front door, with Harry trailing not too far behind me, I ding-donged, hearing the all so familiar chime of the bell. This was my childhood home after all, I lived here for 18 years. All the fun times and memories were all hidden behind the grand doors in front of me and are soon to be restored.