Chapter XLVII

So today is my aging day :D and as a treat by the end of the night I will have the SECOND update ready and posted for you all! Today is double update day! <3 love yall!!

I finally managed to get to where Crixus and Naevia were looking at all the new arrivals only to find I managed to get here before Gannicus. Out of anger he must have taken a less direct route I began to walk towards Crixus to warn him of impending blow out when I heard a prisoner crying someones name. Fabia, The name was familiar I had helped her get fed and clothed during our first few days of occupation and then could never find her after that she had simply vanished.

I turned to look at the prisoner who was sobbing to see Lyciscus standing there next to Nemetes as he held the corpse of a Roman prisoner, or well the corpse of the woman I could only imagine was Fabia. Though she was covered in cuts, healing and fresh, bruises that were either healing or fresh. What on earth had been done to this woman? I looked over at Lyciscus with anger, frustration and confusion as he seemed to want to say something to me only to just shut his mouth and stand there.

"Nemetes!" Crixus called out. "Break fucking words, and knowledge of what your carry."

"One of the missing Romans!" He called out though eve I knew that was a lie, she was not even near the Romans that had gone missing she was on a totally different side of the city from what I remember. He then dropped her body to the ground as if she held little meaning in life and now death, though the man sobbing told me otherwise as he kept making failed attempt to reach out to her.

"She came at me out of the shadows half dead from attempted escape." He started to say as the man finally was able to reach her body his head stuffed into her hair as she continued to sob. There was no way that tiny little woman would have done such a thing, her sheer size and the amount of cuts told me much worse had befallen her than trying to kill Nemetes and making an attempted escape. "If it had not been for Lyciscus..." He said pulling him closer to his body as I looked over at Naevia who was just as confused by the situation as I was.

"You spare their lives, and this is fucking gratitude!" Lyciscus called out to us, though hours earlier he was commending me for helping them, what on earth was going on here. Yet all the gauls and others in the army seemed happy about the situation because they roared with cheer. I moved closer to Naevia and Crixus as Naevia spoke up in favor of killing them all like the others were chanting for.

"Do not be naive, look at her body the woman was tortured she did not escape nor attack anyone...look at her skin." I shouted to them pointing at the women's body. "Jana, we get it your the sweet one all of a sudden. All these Romans should be struck from this world." She said as I just let out a low growl under my breath. "As you struck Attius from it?" Gannicus spoke finally making it.

"Subject has been laid to rest, Gannicus." Crixus spoke up.

"By you, and no one else." I commented in his defense. "Along with fucking truth." Gannicus argued them.

"He aided the prisoners in escape, and made attempt on my life when I discovered..." Naevia spoke up when I cut her off. "Naevia she was nowhere near the prisoners that made escape I passed her for two days before she went missing... she went missing two days before the others she was not apart of it." I spoke up.