Part 1

"Thanks Mrs. Coranza" I smile waving after thanking her for babysitting my little sister.

"How was your day baby" I ask her and she laughs about how she hung out with her best friend Aiden.

"Yeah well guess what I made you for thanksgiving" I say and her eyes grow wide of excitement.

"What is it a unicorn" she yells and I laugh shaking my head no.

I then open up our apartment and see my mom passed out next to her boyfriend. We both ignore it being used to her bad habits being out in the open.

"I got you chicken " I say giving her a stuff animal. After my shift I bought her it with the extra money I had.

So I was a senior who worked and basically already payed rent. It didn't bother me how my mom was because I was so used to it. She always says it's because she still misses my dad who died when I was twelve.

Sadly I think he's just being used as an excuse now.

Then her boyfriend is just a dude two years older then me who honestly just needs a place to stay at. I mean he was 19 with a 32 year old.

"Thanks" I get interrupted by my thoughts when Michelle hugs my leg.

She was about four years old and was the most energetic happy kid. I honestly consider her as my own sister when she's just a step sister.

I still love her.

After helping her take a shower and putting her in bed I was now doing my homework.

6:30am, November 22, 2016

It was now officially thanksgiving and I wake up to go make food for us. Sadly our mom was gone and I knew Michelle would be disappointed in not being able to be with her.

"Daniella" I hear a small yawn and I turn to see a sleepy Michelle.

"Yeah babe" I ask

"Mrs. Coranza calling us" she says and passes me the phone.

Hello ; I answer

Hey I was wondering if you and Michelle would like to come over; she ask sweetly already knowing how it goes at these times of the years but I never take the offer.

It's fine ; I sigh

Come by at 5pm I know how each thanksgiving goes; ugh she's just pitying is.

Alright; I smile laughing not wanting to hurt her feelings.

Bye; she then hangs up

"What happened Dani" Michelle sits in her small seat specially there for her.

"We going with Mrs. C this thanksgiving" I say

"What about mommy" she ask

"She's uh not able to this year" I smile

"She never can" she pouts and I look down not quiet having a response.

I then feed her and end up choosing the both of our outfits.