4

You deserve good things and I want to be one of those good things.

E

My brother and Alice are gone on their honeymoon for a couple weeks, so I have the apartment to myself. I've been getting stuff ready for my move to New York in two months. The photography firm that I am working for has set up an apartment for me. I just have to worry about everything else.

Ever since I saw Harry at the wedding, I haven't gotten him off my mind. I decide to order Chinese take out and put on a movie. I love when I get to be alone, but it does suck being lonely.

There's a knock at my door. I get up a little too excitedly and almost trip over my own feet. I steady myself and open the door. Not expecting him to be there.

"Harry?" I straighten my posture. "What are you doing here?" I question him.

"Sorry, Uh Frankie gave me the address. Said you'd probably need some company." He tells me. I roll my eyes.

"I ran into the Chinese delivery guy outside the door and paid. Can I come in?"

"Thank you. Yeah sure." I open the door wider for him to walk in. I walk into the kitchen and he follows. I take the stuff out of the bag and set it on the counter. I grab two plates and hand one to Harry. He smiles and starts making his plate. We don't talk while we get our food. We sit on the couch and I press play. Having Harry here feels like it did when we were in high school. Comfortable and real. He sets his empty plate on the coffee table. I'm still finishing my food when he speaks up.

"So, New York." He comments.

"What about it?" I ask him.

"You're really doing it." He smiles at me.

"Yeah I am. Surprised?" I look at him after I set my plate down.

"No. I always knew that you would do everything to get what you want." He smirks.

"Maybe not everything." I joke. He laughs.

"It's so far away from Seattle." He says.

"Well, I think London is further away." I smile.

"Touché." He returns a smile.

"So, how long do you plan to stay in London?" I turn my body towards him bringing my knees to my chest.

"Haven't thought about it. I like where I work right now, so I guess until I get a better offer or find somewhere better." He tells me.

"I'm glad you're doing what you love." I rest my hand on his arm. "And you have many more tattoos." I say as I take my hand away.

"Yeah. I have a friend who does them, so I don't have to pay him much." He says looking at his arms.

"What's your favorite one you've gotten?" I ask curiously.

"Probably the butterfly." He answers.

"Where is it?" I move closer to him. He lifts his shirt to show off his stomach. Covering majority of it is a beautifully, detailed butterfly.

"Wow, Harry. That's so beautiful." I tell him.

"Thanks. It hurt really bad. Glad it was worth it." He laughs.

"Do you have any?" He questions me.

"Yeah," I pull up my sleeve. "It's a sunflower. Every time I see it, it reminds me of happiness. Something I'm still trying to get used to." I admit.

"That's amazing Ellie. You'll find it. But when you do make sure you hold on to it." Harry tells me. If only he realized, he is my happiness. Always has and always will be.